Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 ford focus
Alright does Any one have a set of folding mirrors that defrost for a decent price?

I resonantely snapped my passenger side mirror🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I'm located in Worcester,ma 01605

Willing to travel reasonably

Attachments

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Why dont you just buy a set of the aftermarket SVT/ST replacement mirrors sold thru most online parts stores. These at RA are about $27 each + ship:

You will need to paint the outer cap but if you buy used you probably would need to do that anyways. Keep in mind that these folding mirrors are heated, physically fit all 00-07 Focus, but only fold rearwards. If you hit them while going backwards they will break.

Good luck
Paul
BTW Im in Hudson

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Bud you're a life saver 😅
I had looked at these a while back for my wagon but ended up with the standard heated mirrors. Let me know how you make out.
BTW did you car come from the factory with heated mirrors?
Good luck
Paul

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No my car did not come from the factory with heated mirrors.... but my car does have many options or has the pig tails for all the accessories that come in these things (sub woofer, heated/pwr mirror, heated seats) etc

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Your car may/may not be completely prewired for heated mirrors. My 05 was partially wired. My 02 had no wiring for the heater function. Both cars had power mirrors from the factory.

Good luck
Paul

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My car is pre wired for heated mirrors already checked I have all 5 wires 3 for the power function n 2 for the heat function

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Having all 5 wires populated at the mirror connector is not a guarantee that the mirror heat circuit is complete - only that the door harnesses have the wires. The circuit goes thru the door harnesses, body harness (under carpet), and the dash harness. My 05 was missing the wiring in the dash harness and was fairly easy to add the required wire (once I tracked it down). My 02 had no wiring and was a pain as I needed to add wires in the door and thru the door jamb connectors, and both ways under the dash. But still doable and definately worth it here in New England! The easiest way to tell is to put a test light, etc, to the power pin for the heater at the mirror connector on the door harness (GRN/ORG or GRN/BLK depending on side) and check for power with the rear defrost switch on. Verify that CJB F50 (7.5A) is installed.

Good luck
Paul

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Not sure if there was a question/staement. Ive seen cars that had the fuse installed from the factory and did not have factory heated mirrors and/or complete wiring. You need to check.

Good luck
Paul

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup missing that tiny bit of wiring in the dash section any clue where In the dash I'd have to go to complete the circuit to get these heated mirrors working

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Yup missing that tiny bit of wiring in the dash section any clue where In the dash I'd have to go to complete the circuit to get these heated mirrors working
How have you determined that dash harness is not prewired? Are you sure the underbody harness is prewired?

Paul

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well as far as I know I have the wiring on the mirror end and the fuse for the heated mirrors but the heated mirror function still isnt working so I assumed I'm not actually sure but assumed there's some things missing where would I check to find this underbody harness

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I figureing the missing connection for the heated mirrors would just be tucked behind the defroster button

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I figureing the missing connection for the heated mirrors would just be tucked behind the defroster button
No.

You are going to have to determine if the wiring is missing from the underbody harness and/or dash harness. You need to look at the harness connectors and see if the pin/socket contacts are populated there. No pin/socket = no wire. The easiest way to check both harnesses is to look at where underbody harness connects to the underdash harness at C210 behind the drivers side lower kick panel. This is a large connector with a coupling bolt. You need to check on both sides of this connector pair to see if the contacts are populated at pin 68 (GRN/BLU).

Paul

1 - 16 of 16 Posts