Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need it shipped or meet up near Napa, CA 94558.

I just got an ORP for my SVT since the stock cat has the worlds WORST o2 locations, combined with wanting a slight bit more power. The car came with some horrid hybrid of OEM, Magnaflow, and flowmaster exhaust. It sounds god awful. Please help. Not looking to shell out near $500 for the FSWerks Stealth :(

·
I Like Red
3,245 Posts
The key to getting rid of the raspiness is to have a larger then normal resonator put on. Some people put two resonators on but if you just get one large/long enough it should take care of most if not all of the raspiness. I would suggest trying to find a 2.5" Borla setup and make sure you get a large enough resonator. This is really the only way to combat the raspy sound of an ORP. IMO and most others as well, the Borla systems sound the deepest and best compared to any other system, with Magnaflow being a close second. But like I said, the solution is a large resonater and 2.5" piping... Good luck.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah a full system is going to run me about $500. I really would like to keep it under $200 is possible. I am open to buying a new system that is used, but I haven't seen anything other than a used Apexi exhaust that the seller still wants $490 + shipping for :(

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
do you have a resonator just after the flex pipe?

if not, get a big one installed. should be less than $200 installed. most shops would proably have one in stock. upto 6" diameter round resonators will fit.

if you do have one, add another.

my car has a bastard system too. ORP, 2 resonator, Bosal exhaust. I don t have any rasp, and my sounds levels are down to 92 dB at WOT perpendicular at 50ft (as per my local race track regulations)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had good luck with this unit from Summit: Jones Glasspack Muffler 2.25" Ctr In 2.25" Ctr Out A4015B. $22 and another $40 to have a muffler shop weld it in just behind the resonator. Exhaust is stock except for ORP the installation of which required the additional glass pack.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts