Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a project I'm working on and need a 4F27E differential to take measurements from. I can send it back if the current owner wants it back or purchase outright. Thanks for any feed back.[wrenchin]
 

·
Grey Friar
Joined
·
1,275 Posts
I have a 4F27E sitting around (missing VB & TC) that I could take apart, but my bench is full of my current project, so it will take some time to do. If you can wait a couple of weeks, we might be able to come to an agreement... I wouldn't need it back.
 

·
Grey Friar
Joined
·
1,275 Posts
Do you want the diff intact and connected to the final drive gear, or do you want just the separate spider gears/carriers and axel/housing? Shipping will be very different depending on which way.

I have the trans in a storage lock-up, and my car currently occupies all the free space in my small garage, and will until I'm done with engine and suspension maintenance and upgrades... maybe 2 or 3 weeks from now.

I'm thinking $100 for the disassembly work, lost part, and mess clean-up, plus shipping (unless you are coming up this way in the near future... Beloit, WI area).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What would you think of by-passing the whole disassemble process and sell me the entire boat anchor err...a.... I mean transmission....lol. Looking at the maps (that would be charts for those mariner types) Dubuque doesn't seem excessively far for you. We could meet there for the transaction. That would keep the whole garage space & time issue to a minimum.
 

·
Grey Friar
Joined
·
1,275 Posts
Good idea.

How soon do you want it by? The answer may effect price, because going to Dubuque will take me away from finishing my car (oh, the pain), that is if you need it before I'm done. If you can wait 2-3 weeks, then the disassembly saving will counter my delivery cost, and I propose $100 total (you save other shipping costs).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok...great. $100 for the trans as is. I can wait till your car is back on the road, no problem.
 

·
Grey Friar
Joined
·
1,275 Posts
Other than waiting, I could possibly meet on a Monday evening, possibly a Tuesday, otherwise we can wait until I can travel on a weekend.

PM replied.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top