Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I finally got what I thought was going to be my AEM polished short ram intake. I thought the box looked a little large for a short ram, so when I finally got it all opened up, it was a cold air intake. [:(!] this got me a little upset, since I've been waiting 2 weeks for something that should have been to me in a week, and it's the wrong thing! so here's the question, keep the CAI, or demand they send me a short ram overnight? keep in mind, i drive my car in all types of weather, which is why i ordered the short ram.

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Where did you order it from?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't think that there's a bypass valve with it. it sure doesn't seem like it. it was ordered off speedpeople.com (they're a local shop around here)

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
i think the aem cai is more expensive than the short ram....

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it is, but i only got charged for the short ram.

·
Mtn. Dew
7,223 Posts
If you payed for the short ram, and they sent you the CAI, then you got a heck of a deal. I think the CAI is way more expensive than the short ram. You could sell it and make some $$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
if it were me to be honest, id just put that cone filter on the end of the stock maf and use the stock tube. then sell the long tube hardware without the filter.

·
Registered
103 Posts
CAI is SOOOOOOOO much better. I would be overflowing with elation if that happenned to me.

·
Registered
134 Posts
sell it on ebay for $200 and buy another shorty from a different place and make some gas money

·
Registered
103 Posts
make your own shorty for like 30 bucks. why buy a tube with a cone filter for over 100 bucks in the first place?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well I can either get the bypass valve for $30, or get the part that I actually ordered. all I have to do is stop at the warehouse tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
CAI on Speedpeople.com lists for $264.95. here's the funny part, they aren't the ones that screwed it up, AEM did. they can't match part numbers

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
if the short ram price (what you paid) and the bypass is les than the price of the cai...keep the cai

·
Registered
265 Posts
Keep the CAI

I really think the problems with CAIs are xaggerated. You dont hear the trillion people who never have a problem with it. You almost exclusively get posts from people who have had problems.

I had a CAI on my Galant for well over a year before I traded it on my ZX 3. We get crazy rain down here and I never had a problem. My brother had a CAI on his Neon in NY forever and he never had a problem.

Just dont drive though deep water. If it is up that high, you should find an alternative path anyway. Who wants to be one of those dopes sitting on their car while we the tax payers provide a US Coast Gaurd helicopter to scoop them out?

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
My dislike of the CAI is the fact you cannot use a larger MAF.

My advice, sell the CAI and get what you wanted and profit from their mistake.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well, I picked up my short ram today. got it put on any everything in about 45 mins. I love the sound of it and i noticed better throttle response up top. the guys at speed people gave me a $50 gift certificate for a future order. now i just have to decide what to spend it on. . .[:D]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts