Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So by following this thread, http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16707 , i ordered this wiring harness for my car... http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=265-616. Now well, it doesent fit. I have a 2003 SVT and have attatched some pics to show you guys what i mean.

Factory car harness

Sterio wiring harness plugs

Just a pic of the bag the harness came in...

So what harness to i actually need for my car? Im sure i will be able to pick one up at a local shop such as best buy but damn, i just wasted some money on this harness.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can anyone help please? I went to both circuit city, best buy and auto sound and security. All of them said its a very odd harness that im working with and none of them had it. Where did all you SVT guys get your harnesses from?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
all the foci i've done at work have that same style harness. with the exception of the 2 layer one (you're factory amp/sub plug) the harness you got is the right one, it just take a little convincing to get it to go in right because it's off by 1 pin.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
focuson03 said:
all the foci i've done at work have that same style harness. with the exception of the 2 layer one (you're factory amp/sub plug) the harness you got is the right one, it just take a little convincing to get it to go in right because it's off by 1 pin.
Yeah i just re-checked it and it worked. I just didnt want to force it and break something if i wasnt sure. Damn ford and Metra for trying to confuse me...

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One more thing...when it comes to the Metra install kit. Once you get it in and it snaps into place, how do you get it out? Do you use the factory head unit prongs to take it out?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I had the same reaction when I put my radio in my 01 Sedan. It didn't look right but it fit and worked. the extra plug in may be for the remote
The only Focus harness that I know is differant is the Blau radio.

Tim

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm pretty sure the extra pin is for the auto volume control. As far as removing an after market HU, mine came with its own removal tools. So it really depends on the head unit.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
swk110 said:
I'm pretty sure the extra pin is for the auto volume control. As far as removing an after market HU, mine came with its own removal tools. So it really depends on the head unit.
I figured it out, and its super easy. Just use a screw driver wrapped in electrical tape (to avoid scratching the dash), and LIGHTLY pry it on all 4 sides. Pops right out. (this is for the metra dash kit btw, not factory)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts