Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer has had a white RS on order for me for months and it was scheduled in a while ago. It left New Jersey on a train several weeks ago and they still haven't seen or heard anything regarding it's location. They have one on the lot in Stealth Grey with all the same features (less sunroof, which I don't care about) that I could take delivery on this afternoon if I wanted.

If you had to choose between an RS that wasn't necessarily your first color choice *now* and your preferred color *God knows when*, which would you choose?

·
Registered
671 Posts
I'd wait. You ordered the color you wanted for a reason.

Murphy's law dictates that the second you decide to settle on the grey color, your white one will show up on the lot the next day.
This x1000

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm torn, honestly. My wife really prefers the SG color, and I do like it a lot. It's just that every hatch I've purchased for myself in the last 20+ years has been white, starting with an '89 Mitsubishi Mirage Turbo (which started my hot hatch fascination back in the day). ?

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The shaved a bit off and threw in tinted windows and the chip protection film... I didn't order the white one myself, they just ordered a white one around the same time I was asking the salesman about a white one. I didn't select the options myself.

I'm actually liking the grey. More subtle, maybe fewer tickets :D

The ride isn't nearly as bad as I expected based on what everyone says. It's only a bit stiffer than my '12 Focus SEL, and apart from being a bit too chunky for the Recaros, the ride is nice. The distance from my head to the ceiling feels about the same as on my other Focus. I do wish for a DCT with paddle shifters just because I've gotten so used to the DCT on the SEL and that *almost* made me pick a Golf R over this... but the fun factor. WOW. The road to my office has a nice little chicane in it and this car flew through it like it was on rails. I entered rolling around 20 mph, shifted into second and WOT, and was doing 60 when I came out of it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The shaved a bit off and threw in tinted windows and the chip protection film... I didn't order the white one myself, they just ordered a white one around the same time I was asking the salesman about a white one. I didn't select the options myself.

I'm actually liking the grey. More subtle, maybe fewer tickets :D

The ride isn't nearly as bad as I expected based on what everyone says. It's only a bit stiffer than my '12 Focus SEL, and apart from being a bit too chunky for the Recaros, the ride is nice. The distance from my head to the ceiling feels about the same as on my other Focus. I do wish for a DCT with paddle shifters just because I've gotten so used to the DCT on the SEL and that *almost* made me pick a Golf R over this... but the fun factor. WOW. The road to my office has a nice little chicane in it and this car flew through it like it was on rails. I entered rolling around 20 mph, shifted into second and WOT, and was doing 60 when I came out of it.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Great to hear^^^....After while you'll forget all 'bout the auto & enjoy shifting.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts