Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i spun out around a corner and went into a ditch sideways monday mornin,there was no body damage other than suspension and a messed up tire and rim but i knew the suspension was f'd.now ford is sayin itll be at least 4100 to fix it does this sound reasonable at all?

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
Holy Cow! [eek] Sorry to hear about that. [:(]

I'm not sure on the price but that's hella expensive at any rate.....Can you Post any Pictures?

I know that sounds bad asking, but I'm interested to see what the damage is to the suspension.....besides, can't you get a whole new suspension for less than 2000? Aftermarket that is.....maybe I'm wrong.....I don't know...Sorry, again. Glad your Okay.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
uff...
4200 thats half the car's price...

what parts does that include..
.you could try to get used parts !

good luck man

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
4200 tell them to go **** themself what nazi's lol. haha tell them wheres your barrel of vasaline. glad your okay though bud. rest easy playa it'll be okay ; )

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
That definetly sounds too expensive.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea i was racin a crotch rocket and i was realllly movin,i didnt think smart took the sharpest corner at 90 and ****ed myself.i cant get pics bc my parents would be really pissed and i havent seen my car since and i dunno where its at now but there was no body damage except scratches on the bumper.but i could tell my suspension was ****ed bc the back end was sittin on the ground pretty much and we found bushings in the grass,im think there might be a little frame damage for price theyre talkin but when i told my parents i wanted a list of whats busted they gave me this long drawn out lecture about how im in no position to bargain and plead and all this bs bc they dont kno anything about cars and dont wanna admit it.but the moral of the story is that im now way to scared to drive let alone race for awhile,and also that dude with the crotch rocked slowed down to rubberneck then took off and didnt stop to see if i was alright (prick).but ill leave this as my luck break and im not racing anymore unless its on a track.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Ahhh youth!...Unless you were racing a 50 cc scooter you had no chance anyway, so at least lesson learned..Glad to hear you are okay.
If you tweaked the chasis it could be 4 grand, you are always welcome to take it to another shop and get another opinion, racing a bike in a focus, oh man that is funny, how bad did he rip you until you went in the ditch?

·
Registered
793 Posts
Way too expensive you could buy a full aftermarket suspension AND rims for less than that, thats complete BS

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
yea racing a bike is st0pid i have friends with cycles and i messed with them one time and took off they got next to me and just looked like "mike your a retard" and lauging at me too. but it was fun i stoped real fast. i want a bike but i know i will kill myself. tommy told me he had the throttle half way to keep up with me. i find that amazing then again 130hp on a like 400-500lb bike is a monster....

·
Registered
397 Posts
Wanna hear my story? Well on December 19, 2002 I rolled over in my focus zx3. It was absolutely scary, the car rolled over like 3 or 4 times. Good thing I did not hurt anyone, not even my self. The reason was i was speeding in a deserted street outside the city, I was running late. The car was a wreck, nothing survived. The sad part is that the guys that towed away my car stole my AEM intake and i was left with out a car for about 5 months, man, this insurances sure are slow. the good thing is that on May 10 2003 i bought my new Yellow ZX3 2.3L. when I bought the car i didn't check the engine, I thought well is a Zetec, but to my surprise when I got home from the car dealer i oppened the hood and was completely shocked to see a different engine. Then of course i went to really test drive my car and felt the big difference. I am relly happy right now and I'm trying to modify it. So far what i have done is a new RS bumper and a RACTIVE exhaust.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.