Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright today kicked off my WRC weekend. The wife and I went to the shakedown stage and hung around the service center for awhile. I thought I would share the love and post some pics of todays events. Ill also leave you with a link to my photobucket album where I will upload new pics as the rally goes on. Tonight is the cermonial start but for now your left with these.

The subie almost lost the race befor it really started. He took a turn to sharpe and ran up a rock. He then over compisated and ended up about 30 ft off the coarse on the side of a hill. Hes lucky all he got was a flat.

The parking areas are also filled with great looking cars. There were many RS model Focus and Fiestas present along with this beauty.

Here is the link to my aulbum. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v291/bcr69/Rally Deutchland 2006/?start=0

Ill post when I add new pictures.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Witch one lol there was dozens of them its crazy, all these RS's and no love for the states.

Top 5 Shakedown Times:
1. S. Sarrazin/S. Prévot - Subaru Impreza WRC - 1:50.3
2. S. Loeb / D. Elena - Citroën Xsara WRC - 1:50.4
3. P. Solberg / P. Mills - Subaru Impreza WRC - 1:50.6
4. D. Sordo / M. Marti - Citroën Xsara WRC - 1:51.0
5. F. Duval / P. Pivato - Skoda Fabia WRC - 1:51.6

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thank you for sharing, since I can't watch it on TV anymore.

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Awesome pics.. Thanks!!!!!

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Great pics!!! Thanks for sharing them with us [:D]

·
Registered
498 Posts
great pix! thanx for sharing em!! i wonder if u can take pix of the wrc focus engines.....

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It would be very hard because in the service center the hoods are all facing away from the spectator area. So unless the break down and need to open the hood near me it would be impossible.

·
Registered
950 Posts
don't tell me these things! i still watch it on eurosport! anyways, shits good, i'm gonna try and go to the rally mexico next year!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
New pics up from the cerimonial start. My camera didnt do to well with some but here are some highlights.

And the curent points leader S. Loeb

·
Registered
759 Posts
some how, "envy" just doesn't cover it

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well there is a part of a rally you dont get to see on TV or the internet. Its the 3 mile hike up a mountain to stand in the middle of a vinyard to watch the cars for about 45 min then hike back to your car. In the last 2 days ive probly walked close to 35 miles. Tady was the worst because of the rain that we had it was all muddy, then some jack ass marshel wouldnt let us get close enought to get good pic or vid. I wanted to push that guy off the hill after he stood in my shots. err, todays pics a vid are coming.

Also Ive heard that someone crashed on SS7 today and both the driver and co driver had to be air lifted. They cancelled the rest of the stage. I dont have anymore info other than that because I didnt make it to that stage.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
that is freaking awesome !

great pics !
wut kind of camera are you using again ?

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
5speedZX3 said:

Also Ive heard that someone crashed on SS7 today and both the driver and co driver had to be air lifted. They cancelled the rest of the stage. I dont have anymore info other than that because I didnt make it to that stage.
Everyone was cleared at the hospital very quickly. Sounded like the accident was very similar to Markko's crash last year so I can understand the extra precaution.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts