Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Aww, you won't get lost. I've been down that way a few times and I never got lost (helps to have a map!)
I kinda know the area around where I live. I've lived here all my life. I travel to Virginia and Maryland often but not too far away. I'm just not sure how far everyone is willing to travel. Like I said, I'd go at least 70-80 miles from home as long as it was kinda familar to me.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
how far is maryland from you zx3_chick

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Oh maybe an hour or less. Same with Virginia. I don't live too far from either states.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
i guess thats not too bad of a distance for you. so would you ever mind driving to either state since they are that close to you?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Viney, I'd be up for meeting at the 75-80 Raceway since I only live about 15 minutes from the place. ;-) I hear they are trying to close that place down.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
hey odg how would one get there if not very familiar with the territory

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Fabster82 said:
i guess thats not too bad of a distance for you. so would you ever mind driving to either state since they are that close to you?
Sure, I don't mind.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
so is a meet going to happen or what? im kinda anxious to see everyone elses focus

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Hmm, well. I want to. I just don't know where, though. The only way I could do it this month is on a saturday. Next month I can take a vacation day on a Friday.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
saturdays are good for me cause i dont work so that would work out fine

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
i just gotta wait and see what happens with hurricane isabel. might not give me the chance to go to the meet

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I give really good directions, so if we have a meet soon I'll do my best to keep you from getting lost...75-80 is VERY easy to find, look on a map at route 70 in Md. just before Frederick Md. you will see route 75, take it south for several miles ( follow the signs there are two 90 degree turns on route 75, when it gets to route 80 you are there... I have heard that they are trying to shut down 75-80 as well...good luck, the owner has bee n there since 1950 or so, and I think he is grandfathered in on all rules...It really pisses me off when people movewe in next to a place like that and then complain about the noise, airports gun ranges etc. I can see a complaint if it is being built, but if it was there when you moved in...tough [email protected]%$...anyway we will see real soon if a meet can be arranged before it gets cold,

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Soory for two posts in a row, Just like the other thread, lets find a place to meet first then set the time. Some of us might meet soon on a Friday night at 75-80,m but some others just want to meet. There is a little park in the town of woodsboro ( just north of frederick about 8 miles) that has a very nice playground with grills and several pavilions with tables, plus the parking lot is nice and flat and open ( for focus viewing). How would that be for everyone distance wise, kind of in the middle....sound good?? then all we have to do is determine the time...easy huh??

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
it sounds good to me. just have to know if everyone else is up to it as well. im sure it will be so cool

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Hmmm....now I can't decide...I'm not familiar with the Fredrick area. That's why I said on the other post about around the Cumberland area. I'll have to go look at a map to see where it's at.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
thats cool focus231

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
so if frederick good for you zx3_chick?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Heck if I know. You all are confusing me now. [scratch]