Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my xcal1 sold and I flashed my car back to stock....wow, what a slow peice of dog crap!! Also, I read in FocusFanatics magazine about the high/ dangerous a/f ratios int he stock program...YEAH! My wideband registers 14.1 to 15.5 at wide open!

1.5 days and I'll be turbo so it doesnt mater, but this 1.5 days is going to be a slow moving torture! 1) from the anticipation, and 2) becuase the car really is slow...

Great tune SVT! [thumb][thumb]

...not. [?|]

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
hahaha i had the same reaction when i had to flash mine back to stock.....i think you notice more of a difference from tune-> stock then from stock-> tune.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Still can't believe SVT let our cars out the door like that......*thumbsdown*

·
Registered
169 Posts
how do we know wat tune we are running?
i know i have a stock tune but are there different tunes for different year svtf's?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
you read it off the sticker on the ECM, which is located behind the right side kickpanel, just below the glove box

·
Registered
427 Posts
I was just going to make a thread about this. I had to flash my car back to stock because it wouldnt pass emissions. Now i have to complete the drive cycle, and it drives like shit, I dont even wanna drive it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I know that I had RLA 6 because I read it on the ECU. But I did have the reflash doen to the latest program available but ford did it. I know that is YRF 0, is there bad side effects to that program at all??? I am really thinking about getting a tune from wayne or something because I have had my car for a year and a half and I could use a little extra hop in the old focus. I am hitting 36,000 in about another month and then I will probably go ahead and do that. But since I'm not good with that stuff I wouldn't know which one is the best or where to even get the stuff or how to do it.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I just ordered my tune from Tom and i'm pickin up a CAI from russ up above on sunday when he puts in his turbo...can't wait for the new pep in the whip....buy yes...the 2004's came with a totally different flash than the other years and one that is supposedly better than the YRFO

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
focusedintentions said:
....buy yes...the 2004's came with a totally different flash than the other years and one that is supposedly better than the YRFO
That's true, the ZED0 flash but it still sux!! LOL I am very glad I got Wayne's tune, made a world of difference, I love it!! hehe

·
Registered
183 Posts
waynes tune... and toms tune... whats the difference?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I recently had to flash my '04 back to stock to get through emissions testing. For some reason, the computer wasn't running through it's 7 internal tests w/ Wayne's tune (catalyst and one other, which I can't remember now, weren't being completed), so the car wouldn't pass. Apparantly, at least in my area, they'll allow for 1 of the 7 tests to be incomplete - any more than that and the car fails.

Anyway, I flashed the stock tune back into the car and drove it about 40 miles, then went back for the emissions test. The car passed with no problems. Then I decided to leave the stock tune in the car for a week and see what happens. Well, it ran like crap, IMO. The bogging and surging (especially when cold) was annoying, the revs were hanging at times, and my gas mileage dropped about 2mpg. Also, the car has n-o-t-h-i-n-g below 2,000rpms!

Well, that only lasted a week as I had to put Wayne's flash back into the car. I figured I'd try his highway program this time since all I've ever used was the street program. See if my gas mileage goes up in a few weeks, and if not, I'll just put the street program back in. With either the Street or Highway tune, it's hard to expain how much better the car runs and drives. IMO, definitely one of the best mods that can be done if you're keeping it simple like me. I really don't beat on the car too much at all, just back and forth to work everyday, and with a tune it runs so much better than stock.[thumb]

·
Registered
744 Posts
Venom713 said:
waynes tune... and toms tune... whats the difference?
It's really very simple. If you've got Wayne's tune, you think his is better, if you've got Tom's you think Tom's is better. AFAIK, nobody has done a tune shootout with the two tunes so it's a matter of guesswork which one is better. From what I've read, they're both great and they make a huge difference in the way your car drives. Oh yeah, Wayne's is better.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Agreed, tunes can help a lot in driveability and performance - a great first place to start.

For perspective......

Out of at least 6 attempts to contact Wayne about a problem with the tune I got from him, I initially got one reply which was over a month ago and since then, not a bit of assistance. This reply in no way helped to remedy a problem. I collected data logs on my car as well, forwarded them to him thinking it would help solve a problem, and no replies at all - none, zip, zero, nada..............

Out of one time to contact Tom just to inquire about his product, I got a reply within the same day - I'm not even a customer at that.

Wayne's calibrations are problematic for my unmodified SVT to the point that I decided to not run them for fear of deleterious effects AND I have had no luck getting help. I state only the facts for your consideration. Read around on the boards for further perspective.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
gukin said:
It's really very simple. If you've got Wayne's tune, you think his is better, if you've got Tom's you think Tom's is better. AFAIK, nobody has done a tune shootout with the two tunes so it's a matter of guesswork which one is better. From what I've read, they're both great and they make a huge difference in the way your car drives. Oh yeah, Wayne's is better.
Ok, now that Ive had Waynes tune, Amazon Racings tune and now Toms Tune (I am still NA til sunday at 3:00) - using the stock "Performance Tune" he loads into his predator....Toms tune blows EVERYONE ELSES OUT OF THE WATER!!!!!!!!!! Its so f-ing perfect. Not one bit of surge, nice smooth power, etc. Waynes tune was cool down low, but that seemed to be it. If you have waynes tune and he gives you mad bottom end, you get a horrid 2500rpm surging. Impossible to cruise on the highway. You are forced to speed so you dont get whiplash.

Toms tune, hands down....

·
Registered
183 Posts
well i didnt mean to make a "hate fest" on one person and to the other... my initial question is who's was better... I was considering Toms and i'm sticking with him... Thank you guys for heling me with this choice.

So has there ever been any problems with toms??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts