Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I went to some local mountains (Julian & Wynona rd.) and this car has surprised me once again. The road i took is fairly twisty, with some hair pin turns and this car is so stable and planted through the corners its amazing, i had such a huge shit eating grin the whole way. It was a blast, i felt one with the car a couple of times; i had the radio off, windows and sun roof open and hearing the engine in second gear ranging from 5-7k rpm is orgasmic. I think my next mod will be the quaffe lsd, then i'll probably be set for awhile.

While I was driving back a comp orange SVT passed me going the opposite way, maybe he was heading out to do the same thing, i smiled and waved to him/her.

One shitty thing that I dont like about my aem cai is, when i got home i popped the hood to check things out, and I noticed the breather hose popped out of the hole on the intake, this isnt the first time its happened either. Is this a common problem? if so how do people fix it? Im thinking about getting some JB weld and epoxying the biznatch on.

...One last thing, does anyone in the sandiego area want to start a club where we go to the local mountains and drive around the twisties, i would love to cruse with some other car nuts.

-Nick

·
Registered
165 Posts
if you think it was fun on the road, you should find a way to get some time on a local track! I enjoy that even more because there is no chance of nature getting in my way. Un-bridaled, balls-to-the-wall corners. :)

I'm glad you got a chance to see just what all your car can handle....and people just see another focus on the outside...

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
You wear pants in the car????

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jmustang68 said:
if you think it was fun on the road, you should find a way to get some time on a local track! I enjoy that even more because there is no chance of nature getting in my way. Un-bridaled, balls-to-the-wall corners. :)

I'm glad you got a chance to see just what all your car can handle....and people just see another focus on the outside...
I would love to go to a track! I've been thinking about getting a membership with the SVT club. Do you know if they organize races, or is it more of a get together and chat about cars, type of club?

I hear you about not having to worry about nature or other things, the place i went to is very secluded, in fact i saw only one other person on Wynona road, and thats where i was pushing her the hardest.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
03OrangeSVT said:
You wear pants in the car????
Only on wednesdays.

·
Registered
204 Posts
hey ill ride with you..i live in san digeo too..i think it would be bad ass to ride through some twisty mountains...

·
Registered
165 Posts
i know there is an SVTOA club down there on cali somewhere and they sponsor track days. some are in cali. i will post back when i get a chance to look up more info.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
99bajakid said:
One shitty thing that I dont like about my aem cai is, when i got home i popped the hood to check things out, and I noticed the breather hose popped out of the hole on the intake, this isnt the first time its happened either. Is this a common problem? if so how do people fix it? Im thinking about getting some JB weld and epoxying the biznatch on.
Try clamping it or get a breather filter and plug the hole on the AEM. I had a breather filter on mine and hated it so hopefully clamping the hose on there should take care of it. Glad to see you enjoyed your run[;)] .

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^ Thank you, i found the San Diego chapter and didnt see too many events involving driving, or any track events for that matter.

If others are intrested heres the link to the san diego chapter: http://www.svtoasandiego.com/

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: Re: Wow, i've never had that much fun in a car with my pants on.

blackandgold said:
Try clamping it or get a breather filter and plug the hole on the AEM. I had a breather filter on mine and hated it so hopefully clamping the hose on there should take care of it. Glad to see you enjoyed your run[;)] .
I've thought about a breather filter too, i guess i can go that route and tig weld a small plate over the hole. Would having a breather filter cause me to fail the visual? If so, maybe can hide the filter somewhere.

·
Gan-San!
2,769 Posts
My brother has crashed 3 times going through our local twisties... I hope you realize the risks as much as the gains. Which one out weights the other depends on how much you value your life and pocketbook.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
focusonthefocus said:
My brother has crashed 3 times going through our local twisties... I hope you realize the risks as much as the gains. Which one out weights the other depends on how much you value your life and pocketbook.
I understand the risks, which one out weighs the other also depends on how you drive, if your going balls out through every corner the inevitable will surely catch up with you.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Rock on man! I took my Jetta on those backroads couple years back...and also out by espola and it was a blast. Ramona has some fun roads as well. One other area I discoverd is if you off twin oaks...you know how you take a right off the 78 to go to palomar and eventually you hang a left at that one road that goes up the hill by those new apartments and leads to the back road? Well instead of going left..just keep going straight for a long time..there's a buncha twisties back there and some sweet wide open straights..eventually you come to the 15 just go across the bridge and up the mountain and thats where the real fun begins! Hit me up next time cause I just got some new 215 tires on my 17"s and I just put my SVT suspension on so I should be able to keep up with you no problemo assuming I have enough power! Header will be on next week so if I don't have enough now..I surely will then! Good shit though..I knew that focus you bought was legit..I just knew it! I called that guy a buncha times!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol, so you're the guy he was talking about leaving harassing messages.. lol j/k.

Yeah, PM with your phone number i'd love to find other people who have an intrest in going through corners, its alot more fun than drag racing IMO.

My friend who owns a lancer rali-art took me on this back road off of pomerado road kinda by the 15.. that was some twisty shit!!

What kind of tires did you get? im thinking about upgrading some time soon to the BFG G-force t/a

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know if there are any tracks down there. If you make a weekend of it and come up north a bit www.redlinetrackevents.com runs events at Willow Springs (Rosamond) quite often and occasionally at California Speedway. Fontana is not too bad of a drive from down there and the Cal Speedway road course is FAST.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I remember reading in the SVTOA magazine that they used to have sponsored track days at willow springs. It sounded like a lot of fun, just too far from me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts