Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a driver side head light out and well i went to change it but i have not graduated from NASA yet....how in the world do i get that metal clip off the lightbulb? and also back on would be cool to.....i can't believe how this is so hard to do? why is it not like the turn signals clip off then on and good to go? these are insane

Please help me figure out how to get the clip off and back on because i can't do it

thanks guys

[?|]

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,891 Posts
You push the clip in, then move it to the right ot left then pull back very slowly and easy.
Put the new bulb on and reverse the process.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
this is so hard to explain with words. someone desperately needs to make a how-to video clip with the headlight off the car.

Mike

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys

i gonna try it out...my hand is all cut up from this wonderful experience can't wait to tackle it again today. [8]

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,891 Posts
Actually, I have my OEM headlights out of my car in a box.
If I get a chance tonight, I will try to take a pic of the bulb fastener assembly from the rear of the headlight.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what type of light u using

I just purchased the basic halogen light bulb stock numbers match....and i'm not a big fan of them at all i see the yellow in the light itself a lot. Just wondering what to get to try out if i don't like it i can always put it back in the package and tell Canadian Tire "it no worky" and they would take it back.[^]

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
good luck taking bulbs back. i work at a parts store and the policy is not too. why? we don't know what you did to the bulb, or more importantly, if you touched the lens portion.

what kind of light r u looking 4? if you want a blue (or purple, or red, or yellow), you can find cheap sets online all day long. if you want a good bright light, check out sylvania xtravisions or silverstars or some of the bulbs found here: www.batinc.net

Mike

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently put some cool blue xenon bulbs in my Focus and it is not easy to get the bulbs out, especially the first time. So, I took one headlight assembly completely out to get a better look at what was inside and the clip that you need to unhook. After that, without removing the second headlight, I managed to change the bulb fairly easily, since I knew what I was doing. So, actually taking a headlight assembly off and seeing it for yourself goes a long way to understanding what's going on inside those, and how to replace the bulbs.

·
Registered
12 Posts
of all the things I did to my car, I had the most diffucult time removing the bulb. I ended up going to my brother-n-law for help. It's so easy once you figure out.

·
Registered
639 Posts
one of my piaa bulbs blew out last week, and i just got my replacements in today. it helps A LOT if you get a little handheld mirror so you can see how the clip is designed. i remember the first time i changed my bulbs, i was fumbling around with that clip for 10 mins before i thought about using a mirror. once you can see it, i beleive you push the clip towards the middle of the car, then it just rotates down so you can pull the bulb out. then, connect the wires for the new one, and gently place it in te socket, and rotate that clip back up and clamp it into place.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sorry about the rudeness

I'd like to thank you guys for the help on the light question
i can't belive i almost became one of those people.

Sorry about the delay

[thumb]

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is amaizing how easy it is replacing the headlight bulbs. I just got some xenon blue headlights that look saweet.

Anyway I found a small enough mirror to see into the back of the head light. You can't see the wire that you have to push. Once you get a mirror it is so easy. It took me over 1 week to really try to get the bulb out, It ended up taking me <10 minutes once I got the bulb out. You use a small mirror aim it so your looking in the hole towards the top above the bulb and you'll see a wire loop. You push the wire and it should come out. I found it was easier to do this on the driver side first cause the passenger sidehas a smaller area.

If you don't have a mirror just feel above the bulb and push any thing you feel to the front of the car and then it should pop out thought you might have to move the wire left or right once you push it to get it to come out.

Hopefully this helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts