Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yep and horsepower tv didnt pay me LOL.......I was running a mismatched set of plugs and it was causing me issues so I switched to e3's and my problem went away!

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
can you give us the part number you used, I'm creeping up on 50K and wanted to change mine soon.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
E3's are gay, /thread

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
May be just new plugs would have helped you. copper core FTW and cost a lot less

·
Registered
505 Posts
Seeing as how there are subtle differences in the actual firing voltages and therefore the effective cylinder timing between types of plugs, I suspect any matched set of plugs, from $1 loss leaders to E3 would have made an improvement. Not exactly a glowing testimonial.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I like copper core, except you have have to change em more often autolites worked great for me, the idle was MUCH smoother than stock, saw my gas mileage rise a bit, when I pressed the gas I had a better response but that my experiance.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yesh coppers cores are better for performance has they dont retain heat like precious metals do, I can always switch to a set of 103's if i need to which I'm sure all you know is one heat range cooler then whats supposed to be in there.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Correct ^^^ but hey as long as it works, your car is running and you are happy, that's all that matters.[werd]

·
Registered
578 Posts
E3s are a gimic. The volts will always pass thru the path of least resistance evey time. ie one pathway. The others are never used until the resistance in one increases. Then it will move onto the next one and so forth. The heads are purposely built with one spark path on mind. A controlled flame front originating from one location/ source.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts