Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, apparently focus sport has amazingly fast shipping. i ordered it friday and got it today(tuesday) thats not with the next day/2 day or anything, just regular. only disappointment is i'd figure i'd get some kind of kool sticker or something...but nope...not even instructions, not that i'm complaining, you'd have to be pretty lame to not know how to install it lol.

took a little work getting it over both sides but i guess that means its a good fit. i think i can feel it , feels stiffer and stuff....i dont think it some placebo thing. plus it looks pretty...i can get pictures tomorrow

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
They have focus sport stickers on the site...but those you have to order seperately.

But in a way it's better that way...when i got my rear engine mount they gave me 1 sticker...which is useless for me since i wanted to line them up on each side of the car. But i wont' be able to with only 1 :(

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
nomoreavril said:

took a little work getting it over both sides but i guess that means its a good fit. i think i can feel it , feels stiffer and stuff....i dont think it some placebo thing. plus it looks pretty...i can get pictures tomorrow

Yeah, the strut towers are already close to the firewall, so the improvement is negligible. It looks nice though.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my halos should be coming in today, at 8:45 here it said on the tracking site that it was on the vehicle for delivery at a place about 45 minutes away....still hasnt gotten here yet.
anyone know about fedex? if they need a signature...cuz i'm going to have to go here in an hour and no one else is here......this is so frustrating!!!!

anyways here are some pics

here are some pics of my blacked out symbols....good ol spray paint...and i didnt bother coveering my license plate, i dont realy understand the point of it, thousands over thousands of ppl see my license plate every day lol.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
"An upper-front stress bar is an essential bolt on for all street & competition Ford Focus cars. The bar's rigid design helps to reduce the roll and twist of the front sheet metal frame, and in doing so quickens steering response and improves turn-in. "

·
Registered
758 Posts
I also put on a F.S. strut bar last week. Yeah wow what a difference!! I think it's became one of my favorite mods, stearing is so tight, I love it. I wanna get a back one now.

·
Registered
758 Posts
AdamD021 said:
So you would only notice it if you push the limits on your car? It doesnt effect everyday driving?
You notice it every time you turn, or curve. I noticed it the first time I turned out of my driveway.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
on wikipedia it says since it transfers the load between the two struts to where they share it, it also reduces understand, and tire wear is improved

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Looks nice!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Wow, yall are seriously making the STB out to be more than what it really is. The bar does not make that big of a difference on our cars, simple as that. The only time you may notice it is when you make a quick turn-in. I highly doubt one would notice coming out of the driveway. [rolleyes]

Example:

The bar on the S makes a decent improvement due to the strut towers being so far from the firewall...

As you see on my old Focus, the towers are almost right on the firewall.

I'm not knocking you because its good to be working towards a complete package, but one should know that this isn't the miracle part that some are making it out to be. [thumb]

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thats what i always thought. Strut bars are good, if you do heavy turning that places a lot of stress on one side where it can distribute the force. Since its close to the firewall the firewall can distribute some of that force for you

·
Registered
758 Posts
dwdgsi03 said:
Wow, yall are seriously making the STB out to be more than what it really is. The bar does not make that big of a difference on our cars, simple as that. The only time you may notice it is when you make a quick turn-in. I highly doubt one would notice coming out of the driveway. [rolleyes]
Yeah you're right. I was lying because, umm, well, I thought it would be fun. [slap] In actuality, I did notice a difference right away, believe it or not. Maybe Im just more intuned to subtle changes then some others. But I noticed right away that my car didn't lean nearly as much when turning or curving and steering was tighter, my g/f even noticed it when she drove it after installation, lol. But no, you really can't tell.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I don't have a strut bar... But I suppose I am in the same boat.
I have a rear floor bar, and the rear stress bar, and progress 22mm sway bar.

Does the rear floor bar make a difference? I have no idea.
Does it help complete the suspension package? perhaps...

·
Registered
758 Posts
Foci_Fosho said:
I don't have a strut bar... But I suppose I am in the same boat.
I have a rear floor bar, and the rear stress bar, and progress 22mm sway bar.

Does the rear floor bar make a difference? I have no idea.
Does it help complete the suspension package? perhaps...
No noticable anything from the rear stress bar huh? That sux, I was thinking of getting one since I was so pleased w/ the front one.

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
My girlfriend's ZX3 has a rear bar, and she said she felt more change after installing the H&R 24mm rear sway bar. I agree. By design, the rear stress bar needs to triangulate to the floor to add any rear stiffness.

You do notice a difference in cargo carrying capacity with it install though!

I have a working theory that the front strut bar seems to work on cars with stock springs or soft springs. But its just a theory. I had one on my old Focus on and off at autocrosses, and never felt the difference.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Bizzy_13 said:
Yeah you're right. I was lying because, umm, well, I thought it would be fun. [slap] In actuality, I did notice a difference right away, believe it or not. Maybe Im just more intuned to subtle changes then some others. But I noticed right away that my car didn't lean nearly as much when turning or curving and steering was tighter, my g/f even noticed it when she drove it after installation, lol. But no, you really can't tell.

Sorry, I didn't mean to question your ESP capabilities.[confused]

Hey Egz, I agree that the rear bars (both sway and stress) make a noticeable difference. That 24mm bar can make that back end kick out quite nicely. If the non-SVT Foci came with a thicker bar from the factory, all one would need are some stiffer shocks and springs to make a decent package.

About your theory, I can see how that could work toward negating the flex allowed by the soft spring rates and dampers, but with a suspension geometry like the Focus, the improvement is negligable, with or without the soft stock suspension.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts