Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a Ztw 2003, I am new to cars and it's actually my first car. I need a great helping info on where to start my DIY.
Here's the problem am having with my car......
I drove it out with couple of stops to shop in the market. On getting back it refuses to shut off the engine. After battling with it for several minutes, it miraculously shut off without removing any fuses. But the fan still runs and fails to turn off. And my remote was unable to lock doors again.
I removed the battery in order for it to not run down.
When put the battery back, the car refuse to start the engine. Everything else works except unable to start the car. No sound but fan running.
Please all great minds, help me with a great starts. It's my first car bought used and there are no Ford service center hear at all.
My location is west Africa, Guinea

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to a new thread in General Tech. Chat

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Moved to a new thread in General Tech. Chat
thanks for the redirection,

@all
Any info will be appreciated, i dont wanna call just anyhow local mechanics here. they have zero knowledge of electricals car.
I'd read in some threads with same problem, but got solved by simply taking off the battery and putting it back. But no Luck! with me here.
Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Did the key seem to turn normally?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, it did turn normally. and i can remove and reinsert key. when turned gfor engine ignition nothing happen!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
when you say it would not shut off, do you mean that you turned the key off and removed it, but the engine continued to run? This happened to me on my ZX3 years ago and it turned out to be broken wires where the hatch harness was, the fuse never blew and the wires all melted together all the way up to the steering column and I ended up having to replace half the body harness.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when you say it would not shut off, do you mean that you turned the key off and removed it, but the engine continued to run? This happened to me on my ZX3 years ago and it turned out to be broken wires where the hatch harness was, the fuse never blew and the wires all melted together all the way up to the steering column and I ended up having to replace half the body harness.
Absolutely!
I did turn the key off and removed it but engine still continues to work, and was able to drive the car without key in it, and finally by retrying with multiple turnning of the key, it shutt off the engine but now doesnt start,

I'll have to trace the wires too as you've said.,
Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all,
Thank you all for your great answers, I appreciate you all.
After tracing grounds and everyother connectors Then when I reinsert the battery with the key inserted and turned on to 2nd possition with drivers door opened. I heard the car making the sound for key left in the ignition c. Then I entered and turned it to off position. Then everything started working! Weird thing.
Remote and everything started working.
Then I left the engine to work for couple of minutes. Then retried again and all works normal.
Service engine lights up now.
It's on 158643km

@all
Is there anything faulty or malfunctioning that needed to be replaced ?

Thanks in advance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts