Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came across an 04' SVT Lightning and I absolutely love these trucks they are amazing. But I am kind of torn about because I test drove it and yeah it's fast but it doesn't handle that well, it doesn't brake that well, and it's an automatic. Plus the gas cost more lol. I don't it's only got 20,000 miles on it and they want 20,000 for it. I thought about trading in the old SVT Foci but I don't know if I have the heart to do it. Give me an idea of what you guys would do?

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Well, there's no way I would, I dont need a truck, I dont want the gas bill, and I dont want to take a step back in handling. To me the SVTL is just another truck, albeit one with a lot of power, but not even 4WD, so its suicidal in a New England winter. That, and I imagine you got your SVTf pretty recently, you'll take a financial bath if you offload it now.

·
Registered
484 Posts
id do it. but i also want a truck and something fast...would fit me

·
Registered
415 Posts
Right now I would not. I use all 4 doors in my SVTF, the Gas is more expensive and it gets bad gas millage, It doesnt auto-x well being a truck and being poor handleing and brakeing. It doesnt have the room the SVT has. It eats Gas like no tomm.

It all depends if your just you and like fast cars and gas money isnt an ussue nor space, then its a cool vehicle.

I personally wouldnt want one even if I could get one.

·
Registered
359 Posts
If your into trucks and the gas guzzling then this is a pretty cool vehicle, not to mention fast. Personally, I'm not into trucks so, no way would I trade my SVTF for one.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Definitely wouldn't, but handling is the #1 factor on my list for any car, and trucks just don't cut it. Also I enjoy not spending $200+ a month on gas and being able to drive in the winter or on wet pavement.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
if i had an SVT (probably modded) as my "toy", i would surely trade for the lightning. I love those trucks, sporty and fast. But as my daily driver, it would not fit my daily needs.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
If I could afford the gas and could deal with the handling of the truck compared to my SVTF, then yeah, I'd do it in a second. I love that truck.

·
Banned
4,483 Posts
I just left the truck world for this model car. I missed it because of the time I put into the stance, but the handling was the worst I have ever experienced in my history of vehicles.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I didn't know the SVT Lightning was that bad on gas. Yeah I just wanted to get some opinions but from what I'm seeing I was definetely right and I don't want to have a higher payment and pay more for gas just go faster and that's purely it. I appreciate the advice guys.

·
Registered
308 Posts
You'd regret making the switch the first time you rounded the on-ramp to a local interstate highway and then again when you filled up with gas. Visit http://www.fueleconomy.gov for a gas mileage comparison.

·
Registered
34 Posts
For a daily driver, any Focus is better than the Lightning, in my opinion. The Lightning would be a blast for a weekend toy, especially if you made it crazy balls fast in the quarter... but that's the only time I would own one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts