Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last May, I got restless and bought a 2012 Focus sedan. I didn't trade in my '04 SE 2.3 sedan w/134K miles, though, because they were offering only $2K for it. It's still in really good shape for it's age and is a lot of fun to drive (in some ways, it's better than the new one! They are very different cars).

So, I'm trying to decide if I should sell it. It has it's own (new) winter wheels/tires (useful in New England) and it runs great. Summer tires/rear brakes will need replacement next Spring, though.

I don't really need it and though it's running fine now, it is 7 1/2 years old. I'm tempted to keep it through the winter, but the wife wants it sold.

What do you think? What do these usually go for?

Thanks.

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
Not obeying the wife may cause more problems than any other option, is what I think. So you're kinda over a barrel here.

·
/人◕ ‿‿&#65
3,318 Posts
If it's manual it would be a lot easier to sell on here for a bit more than that.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'd put the 2012 up for the winter and run the older wagon as a winter rig. If you're really up on your game you could take the insurance off of the 2012 for the winter and just go with just liability on the wagon. This way you'll save money, perserve the new car longer and be the apple of your wife's eye.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Well sounds like the 2.3 makes a good winter car, better to put the miles on that than the new car. If the wife is nagging you about it, you can always put it up for sale at a higher price. See what kind of offers you get on it, you dont have to sell it fast. The wife will probably be happy with you just "trying" to sell it.

·
has a screw loose
9,927 Posts
What is you decided to keep the car and put the wife up for sale ? Then you get to keep both cars and not worry about having to sale anything else ever again ..lol [thankyou] [clap] [:D] [driving] [histerical]

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What is you decided to keep the car and put the wife up for sale ? Then you get to keep both cars and not worry about having to sale anything else ever again ..lol [thankyou] [clap] [:D] [driving] [histerical]
Ha...good suggestions all (especially this one)! Maybe I'll just keep it this winter and do something w/it in the Spring. Thanks for the advice...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts