Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for a few of these threads, I hope I'm not annoying anyone, I would just like the most input I can get... and FF is great for that [FFROCKS]

But onto my question:
What do you guys think of this setup, are these products good quality? Is it good for a daily driver?

• Progress Technology Sport Springs
http://www.newedgeperformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=174

• Eibach Pro-Dampers - Non-adjustable gas shocks
http://www.newedgeperformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=51

If you could give me some input with my questions that would be great. Also, how much do you think it would be to have a shop install these?

Thanks, and +Rep will be given out!

Also, if anyone has some pics of an FRPP drop that would be great because I am also considering this...

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Progress is a good company. The spring rates are F=142 lbs/in and R= 160lbs/in. That compares to Eibach Pro Springs F=137, R 171. The progress springs are a few tenths of an inch lower at 1.8 vs 1.5 for the Eibachs. While I see nothing initially wrong with this combo I would suggest that you consider a Pro System (springs and shocks). I think it would be cheaper and the springs and shocks are specifically designed to work together eliminating any guess work. Complaints about the Pro System are pretty rare. I have it and love it.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Progress is a good company. The spring rates are F=142 lbs/in and R= 160lbs/in. That compares to Eibach Pro Springs F=137, R 171. The progress springs are a few tenths of an inch lower at 1.8 vs 1.5 for the Eibachs. While I see nothing initially wrong with this combo I would suggest that you consider a Pro System (springs and shocks). I think it would be cheaper and the springs and shocks are specifically designed to work together eliminating any guess work. Complaints about the Pro System are pretty rare. I have it and love it.
Yes, I thought about it, but I want just abit more than a 1.5" drop. Then when I saw these were a 1.8" I thought it would be perfect. The Sportlines were too low, and I wanted something abit more than the Pro springs. If I do settle for a 1.5" drop tho, I will probably go with the FRPP kit. It's pretty cheap and it is just as good as the Pro Kit from what I hear.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Take a look at this one. It's a good one and affordable, too.
Eibach Pro-System Plus.
thanks, but i dont really need an anti-roll kit. if i do decide to take the ~1.5" drop over the 1.8" one, i'll probably go with the FRPP kit. but i would like to know if anyone here has experience with these progress springs, and/or has any pics? that would be great because it will make my decision...

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know if the Progress springs that I posted above would work good with this set of dampers?

- Ford Racing SVT Focus Damper Kit for '00-05 Ford Focus
http://focus.c-f-m.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1063

It is cheaper than the Eibach kit, so I was hoping to go with the Progress springs, and this damper kit. Would they be well together? Would it be good for a DD?

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
No, those are stock SVT springs and they would still wear out with the drop from the progress springs, potentially.

Some people run it, but to be safe you should just get the pro-kit shocks.

I still say go with the Pro-kit, progress is a very reputable company but Eibach is still leagues better IMO. Not to mention the Pro-kit shocks are SPECIFICALLY designed to go with the Eibach springs

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will probably end up going with the Progress springs and the Eibach damper kit.
I just need to save now [:(]

Anyone wanna donate? I'll take the smallest amounts!

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
don't get the svt dampers for those progress springs. as already stated, some people have it, though most of them already have an svt and therefore didn't buy the dampers. gonna spend the money, might as well spend a few extra bucks for something that's gotta be a chance of lasting with such a setup.

REALLY want to save money? and still get a pretty good, quality setup? go to ebay, search "roush focus," scroll on down to find the shocks and struts from the Roush Overstock store. They are listed at $100 obo for the shocks, $75 obo for the struts. Make a lower offer, they'll sell for cheaper, I've already bought a few things from them.

I've got the full roush suspension, w/ springs. 1.75" drop, so the dampers can handle the 1.8" of the Progress. Good equipment, no problems with them. Can't really say how they'll ride for you, as you're putting different springs on there, but my ride is firm, but not abusive or too harsh. Think about that if you don't want to spend the money on the whole Eibach kit.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd have to ask him... but presuming that they fit, what do you think?

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
The roush kit will indeed fit 2000-2005 models, no problems. And that does appear to be what those are, poor pictures though, and hate that he didn't really take pictures of the whole set. Though he has 100% feedback...though only from 3 people total, lol. So whether or not to buy from him is all on you, contact the guy first I'd say. But that's definitely the Roush stuff and it will indeed fit your car.

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
if you do go to the roush store to get them, tell them stoopidsteve87 sent you, maybe they'll give me a discount on the bumper i'm planning to get from them soon ;)

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Alright guys, I know I've been asking alot of questions, but this is because I know VERY LITTLE about suspension. I'm going to have a shop install everything because I know basically none.

So, I plan on getting the Progress springs as posted on the first page.
In order to sucessfully drop my car, would
one of these:
http://www.nthcoast.com/store/produ...d=612&osCsid=7dd73f22f52870dad20450658e76ce1d
and one of these:
http://www.nthcoast.com/store/produ...d=613&osCsid=7dd73f22f52870dad20450658e76ce1d

be all that I need? Would I need anything else besides one of each of those, and the springs? If not, would those recommend those Roush products? Would they be good for the springs, and be good for a daily driver?

Thanks... and to anyone who answers this question, I will also give +Rep to!

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
Well, 4 total, but yes, as they come as pairs, lol. Plus the springs. You can go all out and get new hardware pieces and polyurethane bushings and all those little goodies, but should be able to reuse the stock stuff unless things break uninstalling/reinstalling (don't stress the fact I just said break, lol).

no worries for not knowing stuff, when i first got on the site i knew nothing. zero. now i know slightly more than nothing, lol. if you're having a shop do it, check around. seriously. i mean i was told as much as $600-700 by one shop, which is absolutely absurd. but even so, you're going to spend a decent little penny to get it done. just search around. fortunately, i waited it out and the gang was able to install my suspension in an unlevel autozone parking lot during a meet one weekend.

again, as for the roush stuff...seriously, i love northcoast and i've gotten plenty from them, that's actually where i had bought mine from last year when they still had the full kit with springs...and their price isn't much more than ebay's roush store...but the roush ebay store is FREE SHIPPING. again, i love northcoast, those guys are awesome and will definitely do you right...but you'll save a few bucks on the cost, plus save all the shipping cost, probably around $50 total if i had to guess.

otherwise, looks like it should be a pretty nice setup. i don't know the exact spring rates, but the easy way to safely and decently estimate is by the ride height. roush is a 1.75" drop. the progress springs are 1.8". the roush dampers will be about perfect for those. .05" won't make a difference when it comes to wear and life. you'll be fine.

if you do decide you want to get a rear sway (not sure if your car has one stock...but if it does, it's a small one) you can usually find some on here for cheap, there's always an svt sway floating around. and it can be done easily with the suspension.

Reactions: _spyder

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, 4 total, but yes, as they come as pairs, lol. Plus the springs. You can go all out and get new hardware pieces and polyurethane bushings and all those little goodies, but should be able to reuse the stock stuff unless things break uninstalling/reinstalling (don't stress the fact I just said break, lol).

no worries for not knowing stuff, when i first got on the site i knew nothing. zero. now i know slightly more than nothing, lol. if you're having a shop do it, check around. seriously. i mean i was told as much as $600-700 by one shop, which is absolutely absurd. but even so, you're going to spend a decent little penny to get it done. just search around. fortunately, i waited it out and the gang was able to install my suspension in an unlevel autozone parking lot during a meet one weekend.

again, as for the roush stuff...seriously, i love northcoast and i've gotten plenty from them, that's actually where i had bought mine from last year when they still had the full kit with springs...and their price isn't much more than ebay's roush store...but the roush ebay store is FREE SHIPPING. again, i love northcoast, those guys are awesome and will definitely do you right...but you'll save a few bucks on the cost, plus save all the shipping cost, probably around $50 total if i had to guess.

otherwise, looks like it should be a pretty nice setup. i don't know the exact spring rates, but the easy way to safely and decently estimate is by the ride height. roush is a 1.75" drop. the progress springs are 1.8". the roush dampers will be about perfect for those. .05" won't make a difference when it comes to wear and life. you'll be fine.

if you do decide you want to get a rear sway (not sure if your car has one stock...but if it does, it's a small one) you can usually find some on here for cheap, there's always an svt sway floating around. and it can be done easily with the suspension.
Thanks much! But when you say 4 total, you mean...

buy this once:
http://www.nthcoast.com/store/produ...d=612&osCsid=7dd73f22f52870dad20450658e76ce1d
and then this once:
http://www.nthcoast.com/store/produ...d=613&osCsid=7dd73f22f52870dad20450658e76ce1d

and thats it, right?

Thanks again, +Rep

·
!FRENCH FRY!
4,236 Posts
haha, yeah. that's exactly it. buy 1 set each. so you get 2 shocks, 2 struts. 1 set of shocks, 1 set of struts. and you'll be riding lower soon enough, let us all know how it works out!

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha, yeah. that's exactly it. buy 1 set each. so you get 2 shocks, 2 struts. 1 set of shocks, 1 set of struts. and you'll be riding lower soon enough, let us all know how it works out!
Thanks so much steve [:)]

So everyone, these shocks and struts are good for a DD I take it...?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts