Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well to make a long story short, when i bought my car i car looked over a couple things because it was a svt. now that i have had to car for almost a year, those little things are like the beating heart in edgar allen poe's short story!!! it also doesn't help that most of the other svt iv'e seen are in near perfect condition. so would you frown upon me and my car if you were looking at my car and you saw: the car only has 26k
1 3.5 in long and 1/8 in wide scratch on the rear quarter panel under the widow
2 faded and spotted wheather stripping
3 minor scrapes on the top of the rear bumper
4 a 1/8 in dent and something that looks like a dog scraped the hell out of drivers side door
5 the front valience is scraped and not on right
6 the front bumper is scraped were the vailence is. and it's slightly cracked near the bottom grill insert
7. it looks like somebody did someting they were suppose to with the jack stand and it look like there is a good size dent on the drivers side panel under the door.
i don't maybe it's not a big deal but it drives me crazy for the car to be like that[?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|] [?|]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Ive seen your car Kyle, it didnt bother me. Plus its all very fixable man, dont sweat it.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I see where you're coming from, there are a few similar blemishes on my SVT - I have some gouges in the rear bumper, courtesy of the previous owner, that got sanded down (so the texture is wrong) and filled with silver touch up - looks awful. There's also what looks like a cigarette burn on one of the leather bolsters of the driver's seat, and scratches in the clear on the driver's side rear panel and on the roof above the passenger seat.

Sometimes they drive me crazy, for the other 90% of the time I remember I dont take the car to shows, I just drive the balls off of it. Most of it comes out with wax, and I take better care of the interior than anybody else I know, so I can sleep alright at night.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I scraped the right side of the front bumper (next to the foglight) the first week I had the car[?|] [?|]. It was a very small scrape and most of it came off with wax and some buffing, but there are small spots that are missing paint. I've been trying to fix it myself with some touch-up and Langka blob eliminator (which does what it says it does), but I either don't get it smooth enough or the paint seems to dull (or I take too much off). I'm going to try and mix in some clear to the paint before I apply the paint. If that doesn't work I'm going to get it fixed by a pro. It is very small mind you and unless you are looking for it, you won't see it. But I see it and that drives me crazy.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
mine is probably worse...whats bad about it tho is none of it was from me. Having it towed a few times has cracked the front bumper in a few places, when installing my rear speakers my buddy the outer skin fromt he inside and put 3 small dent outward. Rear bumper has a big scratch from the previous owner. A few door dings here and there. Faded drivers seat. Its a car man, it will never be perfect if you use it everyday, thats the realization ive come to.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
They were painting the highway (dotted lines between lanes) no signs or anything for about a mile...as soon as I hit the line and my tire spun a bit, I knew what happened. To this day I have the white splash mark on my sideskirts underneath. Ford mechanic also dinged my fender (wasnt there before I took it, couldnt prove it...), and I have the scuffs on the rear bumper. Loading things in the hatch will do it, no matter what....

Look at it this way, our cars arent show queens and what not. They are cars designed to take abuse on a daily basis. I expect suffs, chips, etc. I take em as battle scars and it gives the car character w/ out being a POS.

·
Registered
275 Posts
i know how you all feel, im a perfectionist with my car. i always fix thigns as soona s they happen. my car has 22k miles on it, and it still looks like it came outta the factory [:D] . im refinishing my wheels soon, because of some scratches and one dropped once when iw as cleaning them [?|] . But its stuff only I notice, not toher ppl. But I still notice, so it must be fixed and perfect.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
MIKESSVT said:
i know how you all feel, im a perfectionist with my car. i always fix thigns as soona s they happen. my car has 22k miles on it, and it still looks like it came outta the factory [:D] . im refinishing my wheels soon, because of some scratches and one dropped once when iw as cleaning them [?|] . But its stuff only I notice, not toher ppl. But I still notice, so it must be fixed and perfect.
If i had the cash id have the whole car repainted by now. I just curbed the hell out of my right front wheel. Was at Arby's and this one had the pickup window on the passenger side (very odd) so when i went to leave, i didnt see a piece of side walk sticking out and BAM...cut the tire alittle and scratched the hell out of my wheel, im still pissed about it. But like i said, they are used cars and i use mine everyday so things will happen.

·
on thin air
3,671 Posts
like stated about, dont sweat the small stuff. I bought a black svt and damn if that doesnt show every freaking blemish on the car...not to mention they like to throw giant boulders on the road whenever it snows and I have paint chips gallore on my hood. Used to bother me, but then I realized that its a daily driver and not a show car. The only thing I want to show someone is my ass end as I smoke them, lol.

If it bothers you that much, save up for a spray...but I say screw it. Its a wear and tear item. Be glad she runs good.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
I got my rock chips from blasting down the highway setting land speed records...I knew it was going to happen.

I too plan on getting a paint job at some point. Im just trying to figure out color. THEN, I'll be picky...its hard to keep black perfect, so I dont care...

·
Registered
723 Posts
My car definitely has a few things I'd like fixed. Previous owner messed up the driver's side jack point. Nothing you can see but the metal is bent wierd. The guys who put on my tires totally jacked up my rims, dings around the bolts and the balancing weights were put on so hard they chipped the paint. I got something on my towel while I was drying my car and put some wicked scratches on the top of the hood. They'll probably polish out but I still kick myself everytime I wash my car.[?|]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts