Would you buy again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know that when you replace your current car, if you are going to buy another Ford Focus.

Although I like the car, I put myself down as a maybe.

Moderators: If this thread was posted previously, you can delete it.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
I would certainly buy another Ford.
It might be a different model, depending on what I wanted after I had used this car for about seven years. (at least that is the plan.)
My last car i nver would have guessed I would keep it for 13 years.
That car was a really nice car, and i could not see another car to replace it for anywhere around the money.
So I just kept it. In fact If i would have had any brains I would have still kept it. The things I had to have in a new car: comfortable, and good handling, manual tranny. and I wanted twice the fuel economy.
So that last one really left out a lot of cars..

Noe i just may go crazy and buy a ST Focus....

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I think it is too soon to give you a documented answer, but I enjoy so much my car so I might go for a new Focus once the actual one serves me as I expect. And yes, it is a great car till now and love everything about it.
The final choice for me was between Ford Focus and VW Golf TDi. If Ford will put on the american market the diesel engine, I may change for it though.
P.S. I didn't answer to the poll because I can't (less than 30 days on this site)

·
Registered
238 Posts
My ST is the second Focus in the family. As soon as the wife's Fusion is paid off, we will most likely get the Elec Focus next. For a FWD, I actually really like my focus and they seem to be getting better and better. Put me down as a firm YES!

·
Sonic's MK3 Crew #14
2,026 Posts
Without a doubt I would, I love my 12'

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Definitely. And even if I move out of state, I'd fly/drive back home here if the salesman I went to is still around at my local Ford dealership. Hands down the best salesman I've ever had/seen. This is only the 2nd car I've actually went through the process of negotiation and buying, but I've worked with several others with test drives and things like trade-in quotes and no one was as up front, willing to help, and attentive as Glenn here. When I went in and said no numbers, just a test drive, he was all aboard, got the keys, let me do my thing without interjecting every 5 seconds asking me what I was trading and how old and blah blah blah like the Kia salesman (was looking at the Forte). Last go around my Toyota salesman (Corolla that time) was all about bragging about how great the Corolla was... really? And I believe I even got the Mazda salesman who initially worked with me on the Mazdaspeed 3 fired. I went in, had a terrible experience, said so on the survey, and the next week when I went to try again, he was gone. Glenn and I talked a few times about different trims/numbers/options, settled on my SEL with 303a package, he found it, had it brought over, I got well under MSRP but just over invoice because he bumped up my trade-in well over KBB so his write-up still showed close to MSRP, but I still got the extra with the trade-in, and that was that. Pleasure to do business with, never hassled me, great experience, great car, he was actually very knowledgeable about it too.

So, Ford? From Glenn, definitely. Focus? I love this one, if the next is as sharp and as great as this has been for me so far for 3,000 miles, no doubt about it.

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
my first was a 2003 lx sedan

traded in for a 2010 SES.

im a Focus Fanatic

·
Registered
168 Posts
I think some of us are too new to the Focus to make that statement.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Ford??? oh HELL yes, focus? not sure haven't driven mine yet LOL

·
Registered
968 Posts
Maybe not another Focus, but definitely another Ford. We rented a new Explorer XLT (V6, leather, 4WD, MFT, backup camera, etc) and really liked it, saw better than 20mpg on our 700 mile trip averaging 75-80mph... our '04 V8 4X4 Explorer Eddie Bauer could barely manage 16mpg highway and it had less power than the new V6. And if Ford brings the Kuga to the states as the new Escape that would make their lineup even sweeter.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
459 Posts
And if Ford brings the Kuga to the states as the new Escape that would make their lineup even sweeter.

Posted via FF Mobile
They are. That's what the hype about the Vertrek concept is all about. [;)]

[burnout]

·
Registered
91 Posts
No, and not because of any quality issues. This is a fantastic car! Great gas mileage, incredible amount of technology, and it's a blast to drive.

But... I'm a Mustang guy. I decided to try out a Focus after seeing and driving one in person. It had pep, great handling, and the gas mileage was way better than my '11 V6 (way, way better). The car itself has surprised me, but I need a little more kick when I hit the gas pedal. The ST is coming out, but I have an awkward problem (see: I'm ridiculous) with four-door sports cars. I rarely ever have more than one passenger, and I just like the seamless look of one door on each side.

Case and point: the 2012 Focus is an incredible car, and I don't regret pulling the trigger on one. I just miss my muscle car! :)

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
As long as Ford keeps making it better with each passing year, I'll buy another one.

I traded my Mustang in for this one, so that MUST mean I like it.

1 - 20 of 199 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.