Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
No, these dont work on the focus. You need a wet kit because our systems are returnless. Dry kits dont work with our cars from ZEX

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
any wet kit of name brand will work

there are a lot of "sport comact" kit's out there.. personally i think nitrous xpress makes some of the best kits out there. and of course there is always NOS

·
Registered
101 Posts
What nitrous system is 'good' for ANY car? My personal opinion is that it's like using steroids. Kinda like cheating but you get gains but you pay for it in the end. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
any wet kit will work... stick with a 50/75 shot... just stick with a name brand and make sure it isn't a knock off kit from ebay.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
The ZEX wet kit works very well.

·
Registered
930 Posts
i would look into the python injection venom vcn-1000. Computer controlled dry kit that hooks up the the TPS, o2 sensor, and fuel injectors. It adds fuel as necessary from the injectors and monitors the lean/rich condition via the o2 sensor. Pretty nifty. Safety and power profile of a wet kit, without the issues of regular dry kits. Mine will be sporting one shortly, as soon as NA 14s are reached (hopefully the 14s will be here saturday).

·
Registered
930 Posts
Yes, but they are shooting fuel through this intake manifold. I wouldn't do it. Go direct port or venom in this case.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
never never never never never never never never use a dry kit on a duratec...

and that is why you hook it to be on at WOT, that way it just gets sucked right in. and that is also why you never never never never never never never advance timing on a nitrous car

·
Registered
118 Posts
if you do go zex the part number is 82021 wet kit
way safer then that dry crap.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dry kits lean out the mix way too far and burn pistons. Period. The stock manifold has very long runners with many twists and turns that are only intended to pass dry air, so a single nozzle in the intake tube or throttle body will not get even mix to all cylinders. My advise is leave the nitrous in the dentist office it is much safer there but if you must; step up for a multi port system that mounts under or near each injector. More work and money up front but your pistons will probably live if you do not get carried away.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts