Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lets get twisted
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm in the market for a new stereo for my ZX3. I'm not looking for anything too nice but I am wondering if anyone has had this stereo or knows anyone who has it. I've had a deck similar to this one that I loved. Thanks.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JVC-KD-G140-AM-FM-IN-DASH-CD-CAR-STEREO-PLAYER-RECEIVER_W0QQitemZ300284304218QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers?hash=item300284304218&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1234%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

·
Registered
422 Posts
i dont know about JVC

I have better sound in my car with a wal-mart H/U (virtual reality or something), and stock focus speakers, then my friend who has some JVC h/u that was more expensive going through factory Pioneer speakers....he gets mad when i mention it

another friend had a JVC head unit in his civic and i didnt really like it much

i cant talk about high-end units though

·
Registered
433 Posts
Thats nothing near high end. I would suggest going with a better name brand. And with that being a single din radio and your car needing a double din. I don't know how good the ebay place would be about getting you a correct adapter for your wiring and for getting you a dash adapter. I would look for a pioneer, alpine, sony, blaupunkt, or clarion from crutchfield. They can give you all the stuff you need to make it look good and work in your car.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm not a fan of JVC at all, too many defective models IMO (used to be an installer and got tired of seeing them come back with problems). My suggestion, stay away from Sony, Dual, JVC, and Jensen as all those suck IMO, go with a Pioneer or Alpine.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm not a fan of JVC at all, too many defective models IMO (used to be an installer and got tired of seeing them come back with problems). My suggestion, stay away from Sony, Dual, JVC, and Jensen as all those suck IMO, go with a Pioneer or Alpine.
100% agree!!!!
just go with a double din navigation unit and be done with it!!! j/k but do spend a little more money and get something good!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pioneer is where its at!

That looks really hard to use when you're driving too, forget about it when there's traffic from an accident.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Not to trash Pyle, but I'd buy a JVC over a Pyle anyday, and that's saying something as I wouldn't touch JVC with a 20 foot pole.

·
Registered
213 Posts
And with that being a single din radio and your car needing a double din. I don't know how good the ebay place would be about getting you a correct adapter for your wiring and for getting you a dash adapter. I would look for a pioneer, alpine, sony, blaupunkt, or clarion from crutchfield. They can give you all the stuff you need to make it look good and work in your car.
Is the 05 a double din? In the 04 its not quite a double din, you need to do some cutting and moulding to fit a bouble din in and get it to look nice. Also, ebay is fine for getting an adaptor for a zx3. Agreed on the pioneer or alpine tho.

·
.....NObama.....
1,875 Posts
Is the 05 a double din? In the 04 its not quite a double din, you need to do some cutting and moulding to fit a bouble din in and get it to look nice. Also, ebay is fine for getting an adaptor for a zx3. Agreed on the pioneer or alpine tho.
Yes, it sure is. I wish we had single din so the radio install would look more stock.

As far as the JVC being a bad unit... I know a few people with JVC and it isn't a terrible radio or anything it'll work... I'm sure they are better quality now then they used to be. Heck I'm looking at a Blaupunkt 5 channel amp...it has excellent reviews.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts