Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to get a D23 motor and turbo for a really good price. Would it be really stupid and counter productive to pull my Powerworks SC, SVT Zetec and Getrag and sell them and then swap in the D23 turbo and MTX-75? I just like the HP/TQ capability of the Duratec motors, I'd BS delete the Duratec and get it built if I did it. I think parting my engine and stuff I might be able to come out ahead, but is it worth the time and labor. Opinions please, and I really don't wanna be flamed about "it'd be desecrating an SVT" it's just open for discussion

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
it'd be desecrating an SVT!!!! how dare you?!?!?! ok just kidding around a little bit there. the d23 might make 150ish hp n/a while the svt makes 170 ish n/a. the svt motor is definately the better motor to build on. just the swap alone would probably set you back a few thousand $. what you need to do is just get that svt motor built for boost, take that turbo that you can get a deal on make some modifications to it and put it on your car with the svt motor and sell the supercharger to me for $500. you will make more power than you would with the duratec and it will be more reliable.

·
Proudly Daily Driven
2,255 Posts
yea i would think the svt would be more reliable...im not gunna even think about boost in my dtec till something blows so i can build the motor, that way i know it can handle what im gunna throw at it

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I don't know on this one guys....

Yea, the SVT is the better motor to build on, of course I would agree with that, but the d23 has a lot more potential in the aftermarket. Cosworth makes those engines push 300hp n/a. Plus, the 2.3 would offer more in the way of torque automatically just because of it being a HUGE 4 cylinder. ..... or, maybe not. I don't know, that's just what I assumed. It just seems to me that the ease of making power would be simplified if he went with the 23.

On the other hand, the money factor, with the swap included.... seems like it would cost him a lot more to go with the 23. ....So maybe it's turning out to be a money factor.....

I don't know... I'd just be happy with something other than my auto SPI!!!! hahaha.

Good luck with whatever you chose man, and Happy Tuning!,
Daniel

·
Registered
758 Posts
Nooo! Don't do it! It'd be like taking a Cobra motor out and simply throwing in a Chevy 350, well maybe not that bad [:D] but it just takes away from the "genuine" factor of the SVT, you've already got a FI'd SVT, find a zx3 to drop a 2.3 in and build the snot out of it....just my opinion....

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
Get a regular Focus to do the swap.

DON"T DO IT

but if you do please donate the blower to me lol [deviltail]

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I decided I'm not doing it. If I can find a ZX3 with a blown engine but everything else decent for cheap I'll probably go the d23 route.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
yeah that's good.......just get a turbo for the SVT or something.

and the D23 really is the better engine to build on, because while the SVT is almost maxxed out N/A, the D23 really responds to F/I because it has further to go N/A as well (something like that) but yeah, IMO not worth the time and cash, but I'd suggest a turbo if you're still lookin for that power boost [thumb]

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
how good of a deal for the motor and would you be willing to pass that info along? im looking for one to rebuild [deviltail]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts