Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.jegs.com/i/Eibach/369/3588.140/10002/-1

I'm strapped for cash and I want a 1.5in drop. Would I be able to put these on without buying a damper kit and just replace my stock springs with these? My car has 90,000 miles. Has anyone here just replaced the springs? Please help!

·
Banned
1,355 Posts
You could but your stock shocks are going to burn out, quickly, probably in 10,000 miles, especially with 90k on the car already, and you put yourself and others in danger.

I say wait until you can buy the shocks, they will still be there when you have the cash.

·
br/o/stang
5,563 Posts
if youre lazy like me id say wait on springs until you can do shocks to match- it sucks having to do it twice when you couldve done it all at once

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
if you can do all the labour yourself, then there no problem changing springs now, and shocks a little later when they blow (especially if they have 90k on them).
if u have to pay for installation, do it all at the once the right way.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Shorter springs = stiffer springs. Stiffer springs need firmer shorter (piston rod) shocks to dampen them. Not only will the stock shock fail sooner, you will have worse handling and ride characteristics as a result. Looks aren't worth these issues in my book...wait until you can do it right.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I agree with the wait statement. And you realize that you can get a 1.5" drop with the FRPP kit from Mike right? Comes with everything you need. Springs, shocks, struts. Last I checked the price was 360.

·
Focusless
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright guys, I guess I'll probably wait because I don't think I'll be installing these.

And Hawkeye, do you have a link to those? Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts