Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to buy headers for my 2.3 but idk if i can just put on the 05 duratec headers on it. please leave some feedback.

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
bingo...

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
double thread...honhon can u lock the other tread in the owners lounge...
and mike if ur going to get a header get and intake and exhaust before u get the header

·
Registered
418 Posts
Also, be sure to look into whatever O2 bung issues there could be. I don't know them offhand, but some people here do. You're driving one of the early model PZEV's and there can be some differences in there.

I could also be way off the wall, I just remember this popping up at one point.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so it will fit, thanx, and yea i have the borla center exhaust and both short ram and cold air intake. and im getting a duratec racing ported head thats why i want the headers. im really considering tubo, but i dont want to buy the kit for 4 grand, thats a rip off! so im just starting to collect parts, im just waiting to get the rest of my money for the head and turbo cams, but i have to call and make sure the springs and valves that come with the head can handle turbo head and at least 10 psi. let me know what u guys think and im all about suggestions. thanx guys

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
so it will fit, thanx, and yea i have the borla center exhaust and both short ram and cold air intake. and im getting a duratec racing ported head thats why i want the headers. im really considering tubo, but i dont want to buy the kit for 4 grand, thats a rip off! so im just starting to collect parts, im just waiting to get the rest of my money for the head and turbo cams, but i have to call and make sure the springs and valves that come with the head can handle turbo head and at least 10 psi. let me know what u guys think and im all about suggestions. thanx guys
i did not know ther was a center exhaust for the duratec....

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
all the exhausts fit all the years with very little modification...

turbo cams are honestly a waste of money for the duratec, as discussed thoroughly in the FI chat forum...

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
all the exhausts fit all the years with very little modification...

turbo cams are honestly a waste of money for the duratec, as discussed thoroughly in the FI chat forum...

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
stock if you go turbo, I'm staying N/A because I only want 200 at the crank. In my opinion youll have a fast car with 4grand (not including forging the engine) spent on turbo, but speed is only one aspect of the car. It'll have to be built to get that to the ground, Clutch, LSD, Motor mounts, and things that will improve handling suspension/bars/racing wheels (optional but a must in my book). The bill for turbo piles up quickly, I'd rather spend that 4k on building an all around fast car that can handle/brake well with enough money left over for 100 pizza parties

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha yea i understand. But im still going turbo i love the boost rush. i could have gotten a tsi, but i want to build my car. im not going to go crazy with it, but i Will take your advice and ill keep my stock cams and put that money into motor mounts +. i only want no more than 10 psi... im getting a prted head, injectors, hedders, propablly a fuel pump, going to have to go stage 4 or 5 clutcha and a light flywheel, umm what els.. haha

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
haha yea i understand. But im still going turbo i love the boost rush. i could have gotten a tsi, but i want to build my car. im not going to go crazy with it, but i Will take your advice and ill keep my stock cams and put that money into motor mounts +. i only want no more than 10 psi... im getting a prted head, injectors, hedders, propablly a fuel pump, going to have to go stage 4 or 5 clutcha and a light flywheel, umm what els.. haha
fuel pump is fine for around 300-350hp, depending on the turbo 10 psi wont warrant a stage 4/5 clutch. The header comes with the turbo kit. But assuming you get a good tune then 10 psi (max 12) SHOULD be fine with stock internals. I stress should because I haven't seen too many long term reports. The tuning will be almost the most important part of the turbo kit, right behind the turbo.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea, thats true but im not buying those kits that are meant for duratecs, there way too much money, im goingt o save doing some shopping around. Im guessing that ill be pushing around 250 hp after the head and turbo, what about you? thats why i sead stage 4/5.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Just be careful on what parts you buy, cheap isn't good. I'm not very knowledgeable on forced induction, so I would ask Tom about the good kits out there (user 1turbofocus), he's got a shop and is considered the go to guy for tuning and f/i. Me, I'm still on the stock clutch until it dies, then I'll step up to a stage 1 since I'm only 200hp. Stage 3 is more than enough for 250.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
bewst is internet speak for boost..say it out loud and you'll get it [thumb]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts