Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I got it back to almost normal with one small exception.....

When I go to WOT the AFR stays between 14.6 - 15.2 and it never tries to change.
I know its going to open loop as it should since I have datalogged it with the Predator..... I know I need a laptop so I can use the Xcal2.

SCT seems to think that there is nothing wrong with there software and that it HAS to be a mechanical issue on my end...

My question is......

What else could effect the ECU from richening up the AFR????

I've checked the MAF and TPS voltage and it seems to be right where it should be, and the factory fuel rail sensor seems like it is doing its thing.. at least the readings its giving me correspond with what I see on the independant FRP gauge.

Any Ideas??

Other than it NOT fattening up the AFR it drives great..... as long as I stay out of boost.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
I would check out your O^2 sensors if you have them they are one of the few sensors that give the ECU information on the AFR. The other is are you using a larger maf or stock maf with a MAFia or something. If you got the MAFia or similar check that out

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brand new O2 sensor.

I'll almost warrent that its not mechanical... We have had trouble with the SCT software before... haven't we Tom.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
doesn't tom generally use the diablo tuner for this type of work?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
He uses both... he is an authorized SCT dealer.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Only thing I can come up with, if the thing is not getting the fuel, bad injector, I have to be honest, I have not kept up with your car lately, have you changed anything that would be maxxing out your injectors?

I just read your other post. nevermind.

You are getting a reading right at the fuel rail ? correcta?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok after trying a few things I'm pretty damn sure its the tune......

Why you ask??

I put Toms Original tune back on...... and there is the high FRP issue again...BUT GUESSWHAT

When I go WOT the AFR drops to around mid 11's

I put the ORIGINAL "fixed" tune from SCT on.... NO FRP issues.... BUT guess what AGAIN????

When I go WOT it does NOT try to fatten up the AFR at ALL.... still mid to high 14's

OK just for GIGGLES I put in a MODIFIED Version of the "fixed" tune... running alittle more base voltage to the fuel pump (5% more) and more fuel added to the base fuel table (2% more)... take it out for a spin... I go WOT expecting to see about a 12:1 AFR...... and it didnt do crap once again.... still in the 14's

So I pull Toms original tune back out and the ONLY major change I do is I change the min and max MAF AD counts back to normal (921, 70) from 999 and 40.... AGAIN that is the ONLY change made that should effect the running of the vehical.

I start it up and it has NORMAL FRP pressure!!!!! So I'm thinking SWEET...
I take it out got to WOT and GUESS what?????

mid 14's again...... there HAS to be something wrong in the tune file somewhere... IF there was a mechanical problem it should not have fattened up the AFR when I installed the original tune...

so much for SCT's "It's not our tune, its your car" line of BS.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
is your TPS {i know you changed it} voltage consistant at WOT ?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, I've actually got SCT to start working with me on this..... they sent me a new database that give me a tad more control over the tune.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Did you change the aircharge_WOT_multiplier to 1.90 in scalars?

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Springbuck said:
Did you change the aircharge_WOT_multiplier to 1.90 in scalars?
YEp... so far it looks like there is something to do the min and max MAF ad counts... i know it sounds weird.

Whith the MAF counts set where Tom put them I have great WOT but I also have insane Fuel rail pressure.

Put them back stock and the FRP is normal BUT I have crappy WOT... it wont go rich and stays at 14.7 or higher.

·
Registered
296 Posts
My max and min MAF a/d counts are set to 70 and 921. What is yours?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Also check that your open_loop_delay_ramp is set to 20 otherwise it will not get richer at WOT.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
so who did the SCT tune? I don't think it is SCT's software, I think it might be the person who tuned it. Are you tuning it yourself with the Racer Pro Package?

My dad is an authorized SCT dealer and hasn't had any problems with the Advantage software.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tom did the tune... and YES Tom is an authorized SCT dealer.

SCT has acknowledged that they are now thinking there is something wrong in the software and we are working together totry to figure it out.

its definitly got something to do with the MAF ad count settings.

You may want to check your open loop delay ramp settings... 20 is the LONGEST amount of time to wait ..... the STOCK settings are right at 0.2

·
Registered
296 Posts
In the SCT manual, it says that if you do not set the open_loop_delay_ramp on 2002 and newer cars to 20, it will not get richer at WOT.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
where does it say that at??

I cant find it in my book.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Never mind I finally found it... what a vauge reference.

Anyways tried it... didnt do squat.... thanks for the idea though.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I think the manual is wrong as well. I checked the actual PRP table and in there it says to set it to 0, so I am guessing it is wrong.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Just a question on your tune. Are you adjusting the A/F ratio via the MAF transfer function or did you first change the commanded A/F ratio in the base fuel table?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts