Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading the posts on this site for 2 weeks after having purchased a 2002 zx3 and have decided to mod it. my planned mods are a focus sport cat back, open element filter, throttle body spacer, SVT snorkle, and an SVT suspension swap. I am a college student so i plan to make these mods slowly but i was wondering if these mods are worth my time and money.
thanks

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
catback- yes

open element filter - no get a real intake

throttle body spacer - no its fuel injected!

svt snorkel - sure but wont make a noticeable difference

svt suspension - no better alternatives in same price range!

if it were me...

focus sport catback

mac short ram

65mm throttle body

apex suspension package (springs shocks and struts)

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
I have to go with Euro. The FS Catback is supposed to be real nice and the stealth is soooo quiet. You can pick up MAC Short ram intakes here from people and at the worst the filter may need to be replaced. In steps K&N. The 65mm TB is one of the best mods you can do but if the price is too steep, you can port your stock one or buy a ported one. The 65mm is the best route. As for suspension, I have heard a lot of good things about the BAT/Spax packages. www.batinc.com They have awesome customer service and the supension set-up is 399 for a full spring and dampner set-up and that will be a 35mm or 50mm drop. Don't forget the rear camber kit too.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
As was mentioned, for an intake look into some quality parts, dependant on your price range.

Throttle body spacer is a waste, skip it.

If you are going with a FS catback then get the FS cool flo intake.

As far as suspension, for the money, the APEX suspension kit cannot be beaten!

Check it out at www.mcnewsautomotive.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
Id say your gonna get better results from a Volant Intake and either a Borla or Magnaflow Catback. the 65mm throttle body is sweet, and I think you should look into Under drive Pulleys too.
Long beach is sweet man I got a cousin going to school down there.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have heard a lot of good things about the BAT/Spax packages. www.batinc.com
BAT also has a special on Eibach suspension products. Dampers/ Struts and pro-kit springs for $459

·
Registered
816 Posts
Focal, would you choose the Apex over Eibach? (Going with springs and dampers)

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
SVT suspension swap? SVT did a great job combining performance with comfort but If I had a ZX3 I'd throw comfort out the door & go balls to the wall. I'd get 2' lowering springs, shocks, & camber correction kits. I would then get sway bars, wheels, & tires. But that's just me.
I'd get a chip, cai, exhaust, & cam gears professionally tuned.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
the ride isnt bad in a zx3 as long as the shocks and struts and springs all work in harmony, like a nice classical song! :p jp, yeah it wont be as smooth but if you do it right you wont sacrifice too much ride quality, a lot of it is in the tires too. you cant have 18s with 215 40 tires on it and expect it to ride like a pillow ya know

·
Registered
697 Posts
ride like a bag of dirt, my firend has a sunfire (ick what a nasty word to say), and she's on 18's 205' rubbers and is slammed 3inches on coils with no aftermarkter shocks. and its like riding a bull.

·
Registered
318 Posts
65MM TB
Borla Exhaust or Magnaflow
Cam Gears and Stage Two Crower CamShafts
Eibach Sportline Springs and Eibach ProDampers

That is what I would do

·
Registered
697 Posts
sure jsut read my Sig for gods sakes that sums it up LOL [:D]

·
Registered
380 Posts
eibach pro kit FS cat back an intake, also new air flow sensor, that makes a big diffrence when thats bigger in size.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anybody need performance parts just let me know, anything ya want, just send me a message and ill get back to ya ASAP. I can get parts for practically wholesale price for ya. hell, a full cat-back exhaust i can get you one for about $430!! Just let me know and ill do my thing.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts