Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Race Pedal Performance Throttle Module....or New Superchips Flashcal ??

Is there any real performance gain, or just just a waste of $?

Is there a performance chip, programmable or not, that anyone can recommend?

I will be adding the cold air kit, not just the filter.

2012 HB with a 5 speed.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
everything i've seen all that is junk only thing worth getting is a custom tune. Tom on the forum does them great customer service and best money you can spend in my opinion.

Reactions: 1turbofocus

·
Registered
282 Posts
Well, I think a plug-in it just changes the voltage from the pedal to make it more responsive. A dyno says no HP gain. YMMV as this is also on a car with double the HP from a stock NA Focus

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well, I think a plug-in it just changes the voltage from the pedal to make it more responsive. A dyno says no HP gain. YMMV as this is also on a car with double the HP from a stock NA Focus
you are correct spend the extra hundred get a tune and actually get more power and actual better drive-ability.

·
FF Affiliate
30,871 Posts
A Custom Tune and you would get you better throttle response , better overall daily driveability , added performance , Most say increased MPG , If you have the auto trans you get improved and quicker shifting and much much more

Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tom. I'm building a 2014 focus ses 4 door with the 2.0 GDI and auto transmission. To run on dirt ... We call it "hornets" not sure if ur familiar but this will be a new adventure to us as we are stepping up from the 2.0 zetec in the zx2 and the 2.5 duratec in the 2006 zx3... I'd love to discuss some things with u outside of this thread because I have ALOT of questions and it seems like u r a guy with alot of knowledge. How do I get ahold of u. Do U have FB? An email? Thanks in advance
JP

·
Registered
2 Posts
A Custom Tune and you would get you better throttle response , better overall daily driveability , added performance , Most say increased MPG , If you have the auto trans you get improved and quicker shifting and much much more

Tom
Tom. I'm building a 2014 focus ses 4 door with the 2.0 GDI and auto transmission. To run on dirt ... We call it "hornets" not sure if ur familiar but this will be a new adventure to us as we are stepping up from the 2.0 zetec in the zx2 and the 2.5 duratec in the 2006 zx3... I'd love to discuss some things with u outside of this thread because I have ALOT of questions and it seems like u r a guy with alot of knowledge. How do I get ahold of u. Do U have FB? An email? Thanks in advance
JP

1 - 10 of 10 Posts