Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i was board and looking around ebay and i kept seeing stuff like this:

how much work(hours i guess) would it take to retro something like this into a 05-07 fog light? it would be really cool to have projector fogs and headlights. i just don't know if i'll ever get the time to do both... i guessing that this would take some fiberglassing, or may be just epoxy puddy? any ideas?

by the way, these are off an 05 audi

·
Banned
4,142 Posts
That is just a housing.

That projector could be taken out of that housing and retroed into the stock housing for an OEM look and setup.

Just a thought

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That is just a housing.
(^ do you mean that there's no projector in there?)

i know... i have a hard time explaining things sometimes. i ment cut a hole in the plastic piece that makes up fog light delete for models w/out fogs, and retro the whole thing in.

that way you've got a aimable water proof housing that all works together. (at least in my head it does...)

(ya know... i'm fine with the hubcaps until i post a pic where you can see them. lol. i keep telling myself that i'm doing a good job on the mods you can't see, and waiting until i'm done with all the mechanical stuff to do any real exterior projects, but man it's killing me. i wish i had more $$$ to get the suspension done faster. oh well, Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr)

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I think he meant that you could take the stock fog light housing and mold those lights into it. But you don't have fogs so idk what you would need to do.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the master snacker said to do a retro fit into the stock foglights - which makes sense. i wanted to try and see if it would be "worth the work" to fab in a whole different housing into the deleted area...

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^ that's what i thinking, but i have no idea how much work it would actually take to do it right, and i'm trying to get a feel for if this is over my head or not...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts