Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on getting rid of the lunch box muffler/resonator on my SVTF. Im curious as to if it is really worth the $50 to have it done. Im not expecting any HP gains. Just curious as to if its worth the time and money.

Nathan

·
Registered
46 Posts
i guess it depends on why you want to remove it. like you said, you won't see any performance gains. personally, i'd leave it on. spend your money on something else.

Nkmyers1 said:
I plan on getting rid of the lunch box muffler/resonator on my SVTF. Im curious as to if it is really worth the $50 to have it done. Im not expecting any HP gains. Just curious as to if its worth the time and money.

Nathan

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
$50 is a downpayment for a real exhaust install, like a magnaflow muffler and a shop weld up... that shouldn't cost more than $200, usually a $75 muffler, and a $75 (give or take) for labor...

If you don't want performance, just a change in exhaust tone, then it would be worth it.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Nkmyers1 said:

Nathan
...What do you mean "worth it"???...Your car is your Canvass, paint any picture you want...

·
Registered
210 Posts
50 bucks? For what? Thier ripping you off. to cut one pipe, bend and weld one 12" section back in it's place, $20 bucks max! It'll sounds a bit different, but not much. No power gains.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
I got it done for $20 and yes, it was worth it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
anyone have any sound clips? i am interested indoing this too.

·
Registered
545 Posts
has anyone put hinges on their "lunchbox" and used it as a lunchbox yet?

·
Registered
450 Posts
[8] [rofl] [clap]

Im soooooo doing that! I would sport that at college, haha.

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
good i been wanting to do this to mine as i want to weld on a Y and add dual exhaust with 2 chrome tips. just curious as to how much louder this will sound. i don't want it sounding like a cheap exhaust... cough... honda... cough. anyone have any sound clips?
if not when i get mine done i'll take some video and sound.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
well im not an svt but i have a sound clip on my 2.0 der if you would like to hear it. pm me

·
WhiteSTguy
5,390 Posts
i'm right accross the bridge on 254 [:D] i could hear it in person [;)]

btw, are you going to the N.E. Ohio g2g in Ashtabula this weekend?

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
I can post clips this weekend if you like.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I was told about it but i have to work all weekend other than that i would prolly go up there... but it sucks having to work i want to see your slick car along with others ;)

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
naw it just makes the car not as loud. nothing to do with emisions thats your cats

1 - 20 of 35 Posts