Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for the sake of it...

What is your worst (steady,no reset) MPG reading and under which conditions?

Mine was 19.6 MPG under heavy snow and start stop traffic!

·
Registered
276 Posts
19.8. The tank lasted two weeks and all I did was run errands in town and sit at stoplights. Bad, sure, but way to much idling was the culprit.

Lifetime average is 29.5

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
When I had my SE (now have a ST) I was always bragging how great my mpgs were.
The worst I got was about 22mpg. On the congested East Side of town, way more traffic than usual and all 'tourists'..
Typical wait two light changes to get through an intersection. It was awful.
I was ready to start driving down the sidewalk...

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
my worst for a full tank was 24 mpg. Lots of up hill driving and in town driving.

·
Registered
149 Posts
13 MPG, 40 laps of High Plains Raceway running E85.

Edit, didnt realize this was a generation specific thread, just showed up in new threads. My bad.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
13 MPG, 40 laps of High Plains Raceway running E85.

Edit, didnt realize this was a generation specific thread, just showed up in new threads. My bad.
you are putting down a sick quarter mile time. nice!

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
20.4 mpg. Tuned with bitter cold temperatures and snow. With the tune, I think I get worse MPG in normal driving conditions, but I think better mgp like on the highway at steady speeds. Won't be able to tell till spring/summer really when it warms up.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Either high 18s or low 19s. Stupid manhattan traffic.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Worst tank was 31.07mpg, but I've had in-town stretches below 20mpg. Lifetime average is 38.7mpg.

Brian

·
Registered
178 Posts
i get 11.5L/100km (20.5 mpg) all winter long and about 9.6L/100km (24 mpg) in the summer..

Toronto traffic is brutal.

Once after getting gas and then going to a drive through i did get the meter up to 46L/100 km LOL (gues 0 km traveled in a drive thru = infinite L per 100km lol)

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I believe I was at around 16.0, maybe 16.1 on my last fill.

I absolutely torture the engine oil and my fuel economy by driving a whopping 0.63 miles one way to work. Depending on where I park at work I could reduce my commute by 10% (0.063 miles).

Add in cold weather, 4 stop signs, speeds never hitting > 25 mph on that commute, yeah, I can see the <17 mpg average.

Fortunately, the vehicle will go on a 2k+ mile trip in late spring. I really should switch to a full synthetic oil. And should switch to a full non-synthetic walk.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You work just over a half mile from home and you drive?
Why?

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
i get 11.5L/100km (20.5 mpg) all winter long and about 9.6L/100km (24 mpg) in the summer..

Toronto traffic is brutal.

Once after getting gas and then going to a drive through i did get the meter up to 46L/100 km LOL (gues 0 km traveled in a drive thru = infinite L per 100km lol)
I remember last winter I once hit 16.6L/100km on the 40 in Montreal (from east to west) on a heavy snow day (highway are just a parking lot with a lot of snow). Going 5km/h for 20 kilometers. Last kilometer was at > 100km/h. Wrost traffic day ever - a regular 20 minutes commute was now a 2 hours commute.

I believe I was at around 16.0, maybe 16.1 on my last fill.

I absolutely torture the engine oil and my fuel economy by driving a whopping 0.63 miles one way to work. Depending on where I park at work I could reduce my commute by 10% (0.063 miles).

Add in cold weather, 4 stop signs, speeds never hitting > 25 mph on that commute, yeah, I can see the <17 mpg average.

Fortunately, the vehicle will go on a 2k+ mile trip in late spring. I really should switch to a full synthetic oil. And should switch to a full non-synthetic walk.
You are like my wife. Work 5 minutes away from the house but prefer to take the car...

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You are like my wife. Work 5 minutes away from the house but prefer to take the car...
Maybe because he's TooOld [thankyou]

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i get 400km to 450km if im lucky from a tank, is this normal?! seems super low.
In this Canadian Winter® ... yes it's normal right now I get 10.5L/100km (summer 6.7L/100)

MK3 fuel tank is 46 Litres (seem's about right for the remaining km's indicator)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts