Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be dyno'ing my car next week and after talking with my tuner I'm a little skeptical about my MAF sensor and injector combination. I have a Pro-M MAF set up in Tom's 3" blow-through tube calibrated for my 71 lb injectors. My tuner said it should work but the Pro-M is really touchy when used for that big of injectors. I am wondering if I will be alright with this or if I should change my MAF to something else?

I dont want to run out of room with the MAF either. I have a Precision t3/t4 61mm 56 trim turbo with a built engine set-up to run it to its full potential. Should I be ok with this set-up or is there a better MAF that will work for me? Diablo MAFia???

Also does anyone know where I can get a tuning file for the 71 lb/hr RC injectors that CFM sells?

·
Registered
842 Posts
those are some huge injector's, lol. What kind of power are you going to be making?

·
FF Affiliate
31,094 Posts
Bark said:
Im going to be dyno'ing my car next week and after talking with my tuner I'm a little skeptical about my MAF sensor and injector combination. I have a Pro-M MAF set up in Tom's 3" blow-through tube calibrated for my 71 lb injectors. My tuner said it should work but the Pro-M is really touchy when used for that big of injectors. I am wondering if I will be alright with this or if I should change my MAF to something else?

I dont want to run out of room with the MAF either. I have a Precision t3/t4 61mm 56 trim turbo with a built engine set-up to run it to its full potential. Should I be ok with this set-up or is there a better MAF that will work for me? Diablo MAFia???

Also does anyone know where I can get a tuning file for the 71 lb/hr RC injectors that CFM sells?
Are the 71lb injectors you have High Impedance ? Was the Pro-M in my tube when it was calibrated ? The stock Focus electronics in my 3 inch MAF tube with the MAFia works real well also

Tom

·
Registered
199 Posts
yeah, im about to run stock maf with 72 lbs-ers and a MAFia. from what i have heard, that is the way to go

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah mine are the RC high impedence ones that cfm sells. The MAF was calibrated in a pro-M 70mm adapter before I mounted it in your tube. Im strongly thinking about picking up the MAFia before I go to get tuned and bring along my stock zx2 MAF.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im also worried about maxing my MAF out prematurely. Is there a difference between using the MAFia with my ZX2 Maf and using the MAFia with say, a Lightning MAF both in Tom's 3" tube? Id like to get 400whp on pump gas with it and would hate to peg the MAF early.

·
FF Affiliate
31,094 Posts
If you have the MAFia with my 3 inch tube you have plenty of room to make 400 just watch you MAF voltage and when you start getting close turn the MAFia up more for more room

Tom

1 - 8 of 8 Posts