Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I drive a 2003 zx3 and my factory suspension is gone, my struts bottom out easily and they vibrate terribly, through the tire company I work for I can get eibach springs and dampers at cost so I'm going with them... I've been looking around alot on either the pro or sport... Hands down I like the sport kit better.. And if I go with the sport, I will be getting the dampers with but I'm wondering a few things..

Will I need both front and rear camber kit or can I get away with back bolts?

Will I be able to haul 4 people in the car? I'm sitting on 205 50 16

And the usual ride quality, I know it's gonna be stiff but how stiff?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
camber = good, you dont need a camber kit as long as you get an alignment after the install and set your toe (front and rear) near 0. there are many other threads about alignment specs that you can search.

yes you can carry 4 people. the only concern is if you will rub. If the offset of your wheels is 45mm or greater, then you'll be fine (Stock 16s are 52mm)

the ride will be stiff, but livable. my zx3 is on KW coilovers and although its very stiff, i still daily drive it. you'll get good at dodging potholes and anything else bumpy.

·
2,272 Posts
Yes with the sport kit you will most likely want the bolts in the rear. I drove for a couple of years without them and I am putting them in sometime next week. The negative camber is bad if you don't want the inside edge of your tires wearing quicker than the outside. That happens to me and it is noticeable. I think with those tires you should be more thank OK to have people in the back.

I think the ride quality is ok. It is stiff but not terribly stiff like cars I've driven with coilovers. I do get a lot of compliments on the drop though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
neg camber is actually good for cornering :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I believe I got my mind set on the sports :D and I might just not get the rear bolts because I get good prices on tires since it's my dads tire business so I might just like alittle negative camber lol

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
I've ridden in cars with the pro and sport and I agree, for every day driving, the sport feels better, but the car with the pro + camber kit handled like a friggin lotus. It was hands down the most awesome track suspension. Next best thing to Koni's or Coilovers!

Congrats on the decision man, Can't wait to see the pics!!!

Happy Tuning,
Daniel.

·
2,272 Posts
They might not be even at all though. The camber is not adjustable at all . I don't think you will notice a difference in handling. You will notice the inside of the tires wearing faster than they should and causing you to replace them prematurely.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts