Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
well im new here and to the focus family. i bought a svtf about 2 weeks ago. the car seem sluggish and not powerful at all. so after doing alot of research and alot of reading i did a full tune up on my car. i did pcv, fix the leaking vct, fuel filter, royal purple all around, copper plugs, k&n drop in, clutch pedal sensor, shifter counter weight removal(didnt like to much so put it back), heatshields out, and a nx wet kit(75 shot). i have to tell you the car is a different beast now. "ITS ALIVE" lol, anyways. the nitrous is fun as it is always. still have some of the bogging issues but ill take care of that with a tune soon i hope. so all around the work i did today went ok and had some good results.

·
Registered
415 Posts
When you drive a GT with 300LBFT of tq a SVT with about 130 @ the wheels and only @ about 4K or more of torque does feel slow Im sure!

A flash will change the SVT and kill alot of the bogging. How many miles and what condition was the SVT in that it needed so much work? You get your build number yet?

Welcome!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
1SVTFocus said:
When you drive a GT with 300LBFT of tq a SVT with about 130 @ the wheels and only @ about 4K or more of torque does feel slow Im sure!

A flash will change the SVT and kill alot of the bogging. How many miles and what condition was the SVT in that it needed so much work? You get your build number yet?

Welcome!
yeah my 03 must. gt is fast and has alot of power. it has all bolt ons(stock suspension) and a 150 shot of nitrous. it ran a 12.1(with slicks) at gainesville raceway. maybe i feel the svtf slow cause of that. who knows. but the svtf has 57500 miles and its in great condition i just felt like it had no power so i went ahead and did all of that to make sure. brb im gonna post a pic of my gt. and yes i got my build number 4559 of 4788

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yup im in florida are there any get togethers around here ok so back to the subject. i got my bottle filled yesterday and it has been raining all yesterday and today. and the tracks are closed [:(!]

·
Registered
415 Posts
Your local SVTOA chapter has meeting regularly. There is a meeting @ dan-d a CFL/FJ member who would love to have any oen there. I am planning a couple G2G that i will post soon. Check out the regional forums. Me and my friend aaron and ryan are going to run deals gap in NC in the end of september and would be a good place to show you where the SVTF shines over the mustnag.

Nick

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
That engine bay is wicked clean, nice.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
nice ride :D i love that hood I always wanted it :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
avengerc4 said:
nice ride :D i love that hood I always wanted it :D
thanks man i like it too. what i like more is that i dont have to spend $300 on a cai. the sri should do just as good because of the style of the hood and the scoops.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts