Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 332 Posts

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here we go!!

Great turn out for the the work party. Everyone made it except for ZXthrizzle05 and he tried! One of our main projects scheduled for ZXthrizzle05 was to get his CAI protected from the water. Well it was raining so freak'n hard he had to abort his drive and return home. Sorry you couldn't make it man.

So let's see, we got started 8:30am on Saturday and ended at 4am on Sunday. Well, we took a break at 4am Sunday, got some sleep, and got back to work around 11am. Well, Josh got back to work that is - finally a chance to do some work on his own car.

I was going to keep a "diary" of all we got done, I didn't. I was going to get a pic of everything we did, I didn't. But here's what I did get.

It's my garage, so I'm first!! New Eibach sway bars going in.

And here's Josh, under his first car; which sure wasn't his last.

It wasn't long before both garage bays where full and the driveway got put to use.

Hell, we even had 'em working in the street.

Cars waiting patiently for their turn.

There was lots of social time in between work assignments.

That's Cindy with a notepad taking lunch orders. She's one hell of a hostess and I'm one lucky guy!!

And of course then we had to take a little time-out to eat lunch. Hey, has anyone seen the other two service ramps?

OK, back to work; Let's see what we can do for Brian and the CEL with his new homemade CAI.

By the way Brian, nice job on that - looks great

Hey Josh, ready to crawl under other car? How about a front brake job on some Canuck's car 'eh.

Oh and by the way Josh, in your spare time, would you mind fixing the racing seat that I broke getting into Scrappy N20's car? (which he did)

I think Paula was happy to have her seat fixed. Here she is at driving school.

Oh boys, I think that thing-a-majigee piece there goes over on the whatcha--macallit.

Did I hear what I think I just heard?

And the work (social hour) carried on into the evening.

Time to get out the halogen work lights as Andy works on his headlight lenses.

The nite-shade turned out to be very popular. Let's see we nite-shaded two sets of taillights (a pair of those got done at 12:30am), a couple of third brake lights and a chrome license plate frame. Here we're doing Paula's taillights off of her Saleen Focus.

And here they are installed, with the parking lights on (pic doesn't do it justice).

Speaking of that Saleen, here's Josh with his head under another car. And Paula's right in there with him, she came to learn.

OK, we finally have an answer to the question "how many girls does it take to put oil in a car".

NO YOU DON'T JUST POUR IT IN UNTIL IT'S FULL. This is called dip stick, and this is how you use it.

And now for a few random social group shots. And this is definitely a first, a party in our garage and in November no less.

NOTE: Look at the lower left, we're taking pics and that's Josh's leg down there, he's still working under a car.

Well that's it for my pics, hope you enjoyed them as much as we enjoyed the day.

OH WAIT!!! One last pic just to put into perspective just how hard we really were working.

·
Registered
117 Posts
OMG!!! THANKS BRAD & CINDY & JOSH! For helping me with my car!! Had a really good time!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Man, I hate that I missed it you guys! I haven't seen the first Focus here in South Carolina, but boy do I sure have some shots for the Rice Thread!!!!! Miss you guys and can't wait to get back, but hide your kids, cause I will put them in the Army! lol, just kidding

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
im terribly sorry my car just went kaput i didnt get bak home till 1 30. terrible traffic and pulling over 3 different times and ragging off my intake. i jsut cut and put a new filter on. looks sexier and drives a hell of alot better. the only down fall is. o wi have to paya 125 bux to have my stereo and subs and amp all installed AND i still dont know how to fix my gages.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah we missed you Sean, but understand you can't drive while you're sucking all that water in. Anyway, I'd suggest sending a PM to Josh. I think he's going to be back at my place on Tuesday (tomorrow) as we're both off that day. He's got some stuff to do on his car and he's going to help me install a wide-band A/F gauge in mine.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Good times, Thanks Brad & Cindy.[pray] [driving] And thanks for doing the brakes Josh.[wrenchin]

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
Well, at least you made back home, Sean. Sorry you missed it.

Paula, have you been able to notice a difference with your car since the tune up?

My shift knob and brake handle is out for delivery, so I'll get it today. Hopefully, early enough to put it in.

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
Still think you are chicken for not wearin the wig to work Wed. If you need help with the stuff after I get home I can come over...sounds like a reason to drink Beer too

·
Registered
105 Posts
Wow, was i tired saturday night

For all of you that allowed me to work on your cars, Thank You. it was a pleasure and an honor[thankyou] . i learned some and i hope that somebody learned something from me. I didn't get anything on my car done on Sat except for Nite-shades. I did enjoy myself though. it was great to meet all of you and i am looking forward to work on Wednesday...j/k, Carl[poke] . Oh yeah, Brads car now drives like a bullet on rails[woot] , Paula's car can breathe[headbang] , and the canucks car can stop[thumb].

as for you Sean, send me a PM. 125 to do that install is a [nutkick] . i will do the install and figure out what is wrong with your gauges for 100. that way you can use the other 25 for gas, plus you get to see your old wheels that i refinished.

as for anybody else that needs work done, i can only do so much in a day. if you wanted to talk to me and i was busy under a car or drinking from a bottle of Jager, i am sorry. hit me up with a PM. i give free advice and i dont mind working on weeknights so that you can show your stuff off at work the next day(thats what i do).

GREAT WORK DAY, PEOPLE, AND PICS.

HEY BRAD AND CINDY, WHENS THE NEXT ONE?...LOL

JB

·
Registered
105 Posts
oh yeah and i would love to get a little rep if at all possible. i mean we all saw who was under a car in almost all of those pics. man i sound like a prick...lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hmmm...i smell...

Well, that makes one of us. [hihi]
Pushups...Go[wiggle]. i would never expose that pic to the guys at work. that would just be suicide on my part[gunfire] [:D] . well we had to have one transvestite at the party and you took the crown...or should i say wig[rofl] .

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
Dont let him fool you he wears them all the time at home....[rofl]

as for rep looks like they are working on it again...

1 - 20 of 332 Posts