Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 619 Posts

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everyone seems to be up for another work party so here we go. [wrenchin]

(now that it's over, Pictures are posted on Page 38 and 44)

Date: Saturday, February 7th

Time: Doors Open at 10am until 9PM (Strickly)

Cruise: to Steilacoom at 3pm (see map HERE)

Food: BBQ'd hamburgers and hot dogs, soft drinks

Address: (GPS or MapQuest will get you here, or PM me for directions)
9601 47th St W
University Place (don't confuse with University District in Seattle, we're just outside of Tacoma)

Phone: 253-310-5801 (Brad's cell) 253-565-9530 (home)

attending: (last updated 1/24 1:08 pm)

BradWhite - oil change, new plugs - install 3D Carbon body kit (if I haven't done so already)
CJohn364 - misses his red wig
gonefshn - install Pro Kit Plus, if arrives in time
daveboy - new plugs
MustangsandFocus' - helping out - install second battery in trunk
myfocusrocks - hanging out and having fun
the_07ninja - painting lip spoiler (and I have bondo)
svt3d - showing off the changes to his ride !!
Jetrinka - going try to make it
FocusOnm3 - checking it out
paulhaskew - SPC rear control arms, and HTP rear toe arms
DGX3 - all the way from Canada (again, we hope)
RaceThatFocus - neon lighting
racefan120 - (trying to get the day off)
Scrappy N20 & Navigator
Broncoboy80
djjerme - swap crank pulley,-find the right size belt since Vortech install,port-match 2000 intake,install TB,"finish" the wideband O2 install and start datalogging. (now there's a list)
ZXthrizzle05 - speakers

I will keep this first post updated with the latest info and who's attending.

Everyone's welcome, if you have something specific you'd like to work on put that in your post and I'll add that info here also so we can try and have the right talent on hand to help.

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
i do have a question thou if i go. i want to get something fixed. when i bought my car my intake was LOUD and awesome at like 3k rpm you could hear the loud mini turbo vaccum sound and i took it to the dealership to get my cel fixed and since then it hasnt made the noise. i was wondering if anyone knew how to get it back for me. or if anyone has any rear speakers they wanna donate ot me.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Ill be doing spark plugs. NGK laser iridiums. and maybe something else. Does any body need any specialty tools?????

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
and since its on a saturday jennifer cant come

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
cool I will keep you all posted on the suspension kit...and wait till you hear the ST now, holy crap does it sound AWSOME

·
Fist Pumpin' Champ
2,891 Posts
wish i coule make it out to washington, lol. i just installed my short throw yesterday, and i couldve used your help bad, lol.

·
Registered
105 Posts
if i dont have to work that would be great. ill put it this way, if cjohn doesnt come cuz of work that probably means the i wont be coming either. but just in case, i am going to RSVP +4. my entourage will be with me....no i dont have kids. give me a buzz if you are going to need someone to do stuff on your car. I love to do the work while other people are getting drunk around me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You Know...

Ill be doing spark plugs. NGK laser iridiums. and maybe something else. Does any body need any specialty tools?????
i hope that you dont have an MSD Coil... or plan to get one. iridium plugs are not recommended, nor are platinums. what kind of specialty tools do you have. me and brad are lookin for a OBD-II plug to USB interface.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
well.......sounds fun as usual, lol. you all know my position though [hihi]

cool I will keep you all posted on the suspension kit...and wait till you hear the ST now, holy crap does it sound AWSOME
.......and those words are worthless without video [joke] but do you have any recordings of it? cause I don't remember lol.

·
Registered
105 Posts
baffle?

i do have a question thou if i go. i want to get something fixed. when i bought my car my intake was LOUD and awesome at like 3k rpm you could hear the loud mini turbo vaccum sound and i took it to the dealership to get my cel fixed and since then it hasnt made the noise. i was wondering if anyone knew how to get it back for me. or if anyone has any rear speakers they wanna donate ot me.
the dealership probably installed a baffle pre-MAF. take it out and you have the sound again.....but the cel comes back. you win some, you lose some. there is a way to fix it though. it requires modifying where the MAF is located. Bring money and ill fix it...and as a bonus i will give a class called "Air Flow Dynamics & You"...Really. You've got my number.

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
well.......sounds fun as usual, lol. you all know my position though [hihi]
.......and those words are worthless without video [joke] but do you have any recordings of it? cause I don't remember lol.
Come on up. Stop using Utah as an excuse, Mike. LOL, J./K.

Yes, he does.

I marked this on my calendar, Brad.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
lol actually I'll use parents as an excuse [hihi]........ BUT I'm gonna watch this because it usually follows with some great pics and talk [hihi]

(BTW, Brad, hide that red wig of yours, or Josh might find his way to it this time. [joke])

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Would it help if we moved it to Sunday instead of Saturday?

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
i hope that you dont have an MSD Coil... or plan to get one. iridium plugs are not recommended, nor are platinums. what kind of specialty tools do you have. me and brad are lookin for a OBD-II plug to USB interface.
Dont have an OBD II to usb interface but I might have an OBD II to a serial port. It might work.

-Why dont they recomend iridiums or platnums...I really cant stand autolite plugs. (Or motor craft) Dont have the coils whats wrong with them

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
Sunday is better for me, but you all know I will show will just be late...now the 14th is even better cuz I will be on my 4 day weekend

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I could come either day prolly. But I wouldnt have anything to do to my car, would just be there to hang out lol.

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
srry josh im unemployed i cant bring money but id like to have it fixed. ive been laid off for 6 weeks. im just glad i can have enuff gas to make it there.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
EEFFF YA! I'm in! I will be painting my FS chin lipspoiler, also any one who has bondo I might need to use a tid bit of it I have a few chips if not I will buy some. Hopefully we can get Justin (jetrinka) to come to this one I will call him or text him to see if he can make it.

1 - 20 of 619 Posts