Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 262 Posts

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Date: Saturday, November 8th

Time: doors open at 9am (the garage door anyway)

Menu: bloody knuckles, minor abrasions, dirty clothes, greasy hands, possible burns and after the fun;
BBQ hamburgers and hot dogs and we'll have pop (Pepsi, Sprite and Root Beer) on hand. BYOB

Banned Item(s):
CUCUMBER JUICE , Prune Juice, Pickle Juice, any kind of disgusting juice that may somehow find it's way into one of my drinks !!!

Needed/Forgotten Parts or Tools: Autozone about 5 minutes from house, or Shucks and NAPA within 15 minutes

Those interested in attending: [wrenchin]
Cjohn - coming to help
gonefhsn - coming to help
the_07ninga - offered to help paint that spoiler below, paint valve cover (11/4 can't make it)
docsmith1 - paint and install RS spoiler, Big 3 - alternator to chassis connection (11/1 can't make it, will be out of state)
BradWhite - has Auto-X suspension setup questions, front and rear Ford Racing sway bar installation
DGX3 - all the way from Canada to meet you guys/gals and help
MustangsandFocus' - coming to help, painting wheels
Scrappy N20 - tune-up and coming to help
ZXthrizzle05 - stereo and gauges
paulhaskew - coming, if his wife will let him (10/30 UPDATE: Paul can come out and play!)
RaceThatFocus - check out CAI/MAFS, paint rims, help with electrical

Address: 9601 47th St W, University Place, Wa
Phone: 253-565-9530 Brad's Cell 253-310-5801

Directions: buy a GPS! or Mapquest or;

I5 to 56th St W exit, follow 56th St westbound for approx. 5 miles (56th ST W will change to Cirque when you cross Orchard St)
after you cross Bridgeport Way you have about 1 1/2 miles to go.
you'll go down a short down hill, followed by a short up hill S turn to a long down hill
turn right on Bristonwood Dr (watch for Sunset Primary School signs)
turn right on 97th Ave W (the next street)
turn right on 47th St W (the next street)
we're the last house on the left

HINT: If you miss that first right turn on Bristonwood Dr. the next thing you'll see is a round-a-bout at Grandview Drive, just go around that and head back up Cirque one block to Bristonwood then quit screwing around and get here.

You are welcome to join us if you'd like, just post a reply and if you have anything in particular you'd like to work on include that info also.

ORIGINAL POST:

There's been some interest expressed in organizing a work party. So let's give it a shot and see what we come up with.

My thought is that we set a date, meet at my house on that date, and help each other work on our cars. Simple enough. [;)]

My garage is big enough and I have enough ramps, jack stands and tools to work on two cars at a time.
Now of course there would have to be a BBQ and maybe even a
or two (after the work is done).

Do you need help installing something, figuring out a problem, have something you've put off because you didn't know how to do it, just want to help work on a fellow FF'ers (just doesn't sound right does it) car? Let's go for it!! [wrenchin]

We'd just need to agree on the following:

#1: a date (preferably a Saturday)
#2: well hell, I can't think of a number two

If you are interested, suggest a date. Probably helpful if you included what you'd like to work on, install, figure out, or whatever, so we know what we're getting ourselves into.

I'll do the same we did for our G2G and keep this 1st post updated with the names of those interested in coming and what they'd like to do while they're here (besides eat and drink). And don't forget, if you just like to come and help that's way cool too.

Once there's a majority consensus on a date I'll post that here also.

If anyone here could extend this invitation to those on FocalJet please do so. Just keep me up-to-date with any responses you receive over there so I can keep track of what's up over here. I'd do it myself but I just don't have the time to try and keep up with two sites at a time.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hi my name is LiveT I need help with NightShade and i know how to do stereo stuff. If interested let me know.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah, I have nite-shade on order - but I don't know squat about ICE. Hopefully we'll get someone here that does though.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And I got that backwards didn't I! But I think I know a stereo buff - I'll pick on him tomorrow.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, and if I were ever in the army I'd know what the hell "Motor SGT" meant. Hmm, maybe I'll just call Major Shit-toskey (Schitoskey) next door and ask him. (Frank hates it when I address him as such, but it's just way too much fun)

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I wish I could come but my car broke down. Its gonna be awhile most likely before its running again:(

-Ashley

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Push it up here, we'll get it running!! [joke] Sorry to hear that, hope it's not to serious.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
I'm in any day works for me Brad...if I have to i will take it off...or I mite just be layied off by time this happens...lol..I hope not but keep us updated.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'm in! I have a RS spoiler I got from Ricardo at F2 that maybe we could paint and install, if not I could just come and hang out and learn a thing or two from Brad the master-modder!

·
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!
6,851 Posts
Yea, and if I were ever in the army I'd know what the hell "Motor SGT" meant. Hmm, maybe I'll just call Major Shit-toskey (Schitoskey) next door and ask him. (Frank hates it when I address him as such, but it's just way too much fun)
Means I am a Mechanic, and Run the Motor Pool, and I guess i got a little civillian experiance too...only worked at a couple Dealerships in my days....lol

I don't really have anything to do on my car...But I will always help others.....

·
Registered
315 Posts
Hey Brad, I'm also interested in doing the big 3, I have battery to chassis, block to chassis, but a little confused on Alternator to chassis, maybe you could help me on that one too!

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Brad, I'm also interested in doing the big 3, I have battery to chassis, block to chassis, but a little confused on Alternator to chassis, maybe you could help me on that one too!
Well, I'd love to but I never did mess with the alternator on mine. I'll add that one to the list.

·
1,999 Posts
I will help Wes w/ his RS spoiler, I have an extencive background at rattle canning.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Push it up here, we'll get it running!! [joke] Sorry to hear that, hope it's not to serious.
If it was drivable I would bring it up. It seems like its bad but not for sure yet. It was cutting out and then wouldnt go like above 20mph...and when I got close to my dads house(after I turned around I knew I wouldnt make it back to my house) it started to smell like smoke you couldnt see the smoke just smell it. But ya I think its the tranny and most likely its gonna be alot to fix it if it is. I just hope it doesnt take them forever to fix it cuz I really need a car.

-Ashley

·
1,999 Posts
how bout we say the 7th of NOV...that way we got time to plan and that way ppl can see if they got something else going on too and we have time to reshedule

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How about the 8th of Nov? The 7th is on Friday. [:)]

1 - 20 of 262 Posts