Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's what happened to my loaner car i had during the holidays....

******* decided to stop on a yellow light, in heavy traffic, going 45mph, while raining. go figure. [rolleyes] luckily, noone was hurt, no tickets were written, and insurance considered it a no-fault accident because of the circumstances.

now... 5 bucks to the first person that can tell me what's wrong with the picture. in particular, the car. something isn't right. can you find it?

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
Besides the wrecked frontend, I don't see any airbags set-off....

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
Holy crap!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I tell you what Ford is going to say, this happen to my sister.

"As you can see the impact was high on the front end therefor the air bag sensors sitting lower than the impact was not effected." Hence no airbag deployment."

This is what she was told, total BS if you ask me. Wonder what excuse they are going to give you? Good thing no one was hurt, you two are lucky.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there would be a lawsuit had we gotten hurt. the fact that the airbags didn't go off just further pissed me off as to the whole car situation, which, just for s&g, might i add that i STILL don't hvae MY car back. it's been 22 days.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
that truly sucks, but at least it was the loaner and not yours.. Somebody has got to get this airbag thign right. some airbags have been known to go off in the slightest fender bender, this smashes the front end and they DONT go off. thats ok, cuz my fuel shutoff switch (the one that shuts down ur car when u get in an accident) shutdown my car when i hit a pothole!!! Glad your both OK.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
WOW im glad your ok...

i also noticed that its a zx3 and it has matching door handle colors(in one picture thats the way it looks) and side moldings...

but diffently glad your ok!!!

the air bags prolly didnt go off because there wasnt any direct blunt damage to the lower half of the bumper. thats where the air bag sensor thingy is.

i learned that from my first accident

·
Hawaii Five-O
1,257 Posts
Where's my 5 bucks?[;)]

·
EvenDeathCan'tStopMe
4,894 Posts
Wow.. No airbags...

·
AKA Calamity Jane
1,610 Posts
fokuzsport said:
WOW im glad your ok...

i also noticed that its a zx3 and it has matching door handle colors(in one picture thats the way it looks) and side moldings...

I think that it's just the angle that the picture was taken from---the handles are black. That's the beauty of liquid grey!! :)

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah. the handles/side moldings were the same black plastic found on just about every other zx3.

the airbag sensors were definitely hit. it's ford's *****ed up technology that caused them not to go off. again, luckily noone was hurt, or i'd sue the hell out of them.

and about the 5 bucks, a friend of mine figured it out first before anyone replied. sorry guys!! heh heh

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sorry about your wreck. Stress, I know. Glad y'all are ok.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
It had to be a liquid gray one[bigcry] [bigcry] [bigcry]

·
Registered
321 Posts
R&DSVTZX5 said:
I tell you what Ford is going to say, this happen to my sister.

"As you can see the impact was high on the front end therefor the air bag sensors sitting lower than the impact was not effected." Hence no airbag deployment."

This is what she was told, total BS if you ask me. Wonder what excuse they are going to give you? Good thing no one was hurt, you two are lucky.
This was discussed once before. What Ford is telling you is correct but you have misquoted.
The problem is that the airbag sensors didn't sense an abrupt enough motion (g-force) to trigger the bags. With a hit that high, the hood would have been over the roof to have triggered the bags if at all. That sloped Focus front end goes a long way towards dissipating the energy of the crash slowly.
It's pretty obvious that the impact wasn't that bad. The chick in the car looks like she's laughing (sorry if she's crying). And hey, look on the bright side, if the bags HAD fired you would have been too dazed to take a picture so quickly.
Glad to see everyone is okay.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.