Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys, since that last meet we had went so well, I figured it is time to set something up for the BIGGEST thing in Michigan automotive. The Woodward DreamCruise is coming up, granted it's on August 19th, but we need to start planning now. Here is the link http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/About.html we could meet someplace and go from there, or we could try and reserve space to park. If we want to reserve a lot or something it is going to be kind of pricey but if there are enough people it might be decent. Letme hear some ideas.[thumb]

NEW! We are going to meet at the Clawson Center mall parking lot, at 14 mile and Crooks road, and cruise down to woodward from there together. Show up times range anywhere from 6-7 friday the 18th, looking forward to meeting you new guys and hanging out.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
ummm, isnt the dream cruise aimed more towards classic muscle and cruisers from the 20s to the 60s???

i dont think the Focus will really fit in, but ok, i'm up for it .

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've done the DreamCruise for 6 years now, usually I just cruise, it's not what you think it may be (full of just old cars) there are cars from all generations. And usually specialty -SVT- cars are very welcomed by the audience. It's really a huge grouping of all kinds of different cars, and anyway who doesn't wanna see old cars too!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am down for the cruise I got two more peeps with svts rdy to go already so let me know what you wanna do we can all meet somewhere, then cruise down to woodward. It would be cool to get peeps intrested in this event...

-timmyb-

·
Rebecca
2016 Focus ST
18,803 Posts
it's a saturday, so I'm out [thumbd]

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
hey duffy, why can u never do stuff on saturdays?

oh wait, the catering job

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I'm in - we should meet somewhere OFF Woodward. It's definitely not easy getting there by any means, we'll have to approach from north of 18 mile/Long Lake to get everyone on the road together.

·
Registered
19 Posts
ya i am down for the cruise i go every year and i have always wanted to have a lot of just focuses caz i never see one so it would be sweet if we could get one so let me know

peace from the D

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay cool, I agree Justin we should probably move off Woodward. I haven't had time to scope out that parking lot you were telling me about but I can take a look sometime this week. I'll get at you on AIM.

Anyone else interested?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Still in.

BTW, I saw a black SVT in the parking lot of my apartments this morning (Diamond Forest). Oz racing wheels, tinted, focussport license frame... any idea who that might be?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was thinking of going to that!Don't have an SVT but still like to see a gang of foci all pulling in together!that would be SWEEEET!!!let me know where ya are meeting![headbang]

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
I will be up there for SAE confrence on the monday and tuesday after so I am planning to visit with some friends that are planning to go.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
i still am of the opinion that the Cruise is meant for older cars, but if other Foci are going, count me in.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I'll be taking the Focus on Friday if anyone wants to meet up that day. Let me know.

Sat I'll be in my '66 Mustang ...

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay we are still working on the best place to meet, we'll probably be going friday night I'd assume, I don't know if sat will work for everyone. I'm gonna scope a couple lots in the area to see if any are good meeting spots.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts