Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and after writing a new thread and the computer crashing I don't feel like writing the bible I wrote early.

So this is whats happening to my car: 2000 ZX3 142k Auto

When I go to turn on the car, It doesnt matter the time of day...morning, afternoon or evening. When I go to turn on the car it vibrates allot, I know it idles high and there is some vibration but not like this. I usually leave it warming up for 10 minutes and when I pull out of the parking the engine feels rough, vibrating get rougher and when turning right and only right it feels like the tranny is been held back. It only happen for the first 15-20 minutes then everythings runs smooth... engine and tranny. I notice when I leave it to warm up for more than 30 minutes and I pull out into the road it doesnt do any of the above. Just a bit of vibration but nothing as bad as above.

My other problem started 4 weeks ago. I went to pick up my niece and after arriving home and getting ready to get to work after 20 -30 minutes. I went to turn on the car and it would turn on. It turn over but it didnt turn on after a few tries. I took my dads car. Next morning I went to the car and it turn right up. It had the check engine light on. I took the car to the mechanics to get it scan. The scanner read "faulty ignition coil". I replace the coil. It was fine for a few days it happen again but this time I didnt have time to take it to the mechanics but 2 days later when I went to turn on the car I notice the check engine light was gone. No problems for a few days and one night leaving from work with the engine cold it wouldn't start up...it turn over with no effort and after numerous time it started right up but with the check engine light on. Took it to the mechanics and same faulty reading "ignition coil" I went and replace the ignition coil, it work fine for a few days but it happen again. It happen 2 more times right after I had just turn off the car and came out 20-30 minutes later with the same results try a few times with no luck and after a few minutes and a few tries it would start up and with a check engine light. 2 days later check engine light would be turn off. It happen last night aswell but I notice when I try turning on the car the temp gage would shoot up to redline but nearly instantly it would go back to normal. Can this be the cause of it? My car drives normal and it doesn't overheat.
Things I done to fix the problem but still there:
1. Got battery tested= passed
2. Change ignition coil= twice
3. Change air,fuel filters
4. Change spark plugs
5. Check fuel pump compression= normal

I don't know what else to do. Can someone help me with this crisis? I love my focus but I can't have this happening to me all the time...
Thanks allot for your help, I really appreciate it.

·
Dragon Warrior
309 Posts
this is a stumper that is for sure.

the first one could just be because it is getting colder out.

the second one is a bit odd. sounds like it may be the connector for the ignition coil. those have been known to become faulty and cause ignition issues.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Did you check your plug wires? I had a bad wire in my truck and it kept blowing my coil pack. Would replace coil pack and it would run good for abaout a day, then blow again... got very annoying and I was sort of pissed that it ended up just being my #1 plug wire...

Just a thought, as I don't see that mentioned in your list of things checked.

Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys

For your replies.... I did check the wires though but they seem fine. I might aswell just change the wires. I already change the coil and sparks. I'll also check the connector for any splice. Maybe that might be the cause of it. I'll keep you updated........

Thanks[wrenchin]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts