Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I swapped out the automatic trans with one that was tested by a salvage company.
It also has a 90 day warranty.

I believe everything to be installed correctly with the help of a thread on this site.

Fluid is full.

When driving, it won't shift, it stays in first gear, the rpms stay reved up
At 50 mph between 4.5 and 5

Any ideas of what I may have done wrong, or didn't do?

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Moved to General Tech Chat for more looks.

Does it otherwise shift normally? As in park, reverse, neutral? (Wonder about shift cable adjustment)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Do you still have your old trans? Maybe try swapping the shift solenoids from your old one into the new one and see if that makes a difference?

·
Registered
17,445 Posts
So much for 'testing'..............................I am hard pressed to imagine that a salvage company even has the equipment to properly do that. Much less the know-how.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
So much for 'testing'..............................I am hard pressed to imagine that a salvage company even has the equipment to properly do that. Much less the know-how.
Hey now, they turned the torque converter for a positive test.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I adjusted the shift cable. I assume it wasn't in the right gear causing it to not shift.
But now it is back to reving up the rpm's and slipping.
What could cause this?
It's not throwing any codes

·
Registered
17,445 Posts
LOL, how did you 'adjust' it? Doing that can easily make it worse if done wrong..................

The trans must be in a known gear and shifter in the same and no loose anywhere in doing that. Use N or D to split any variable there. Get that and not the shift linkage. Trans issue.

Need solenoid and range sensor harnesses as well as two speed sensors electrically hooked up and working there or no go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts