Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The answer is southern California. Have spent a week here in the San Diego, Laguna Beach areas and nowhere in my travels around the world have I seen so many Escalades, Delanis, Q7s, etc. All of them, madly racing WOT from red light to red light. Greedily burning through as much of our fossil reserves as they possibly can. Afraid I guess, that someone else might use up the fuel before them.

I saw a Land Rover L3 racing an Escalade around a curve. The Escalade pilot bouncing off the outer concrete barrier as he tried to keep the behemoth from capsizing in the wake of the L3. What a blatant, godawful waste of a limited resource. And, I'm not talking about the Escalade [smackbum]

On another note, we are damn lucky to have the 2012 Focus. I rented a Mustang to tour the coast as I wanted a convertible. This 2011 model is so far behind all the Focus has to offer that's it's not even funny. Ford really got it right with the Focus. For all its quirks and foibles, the 2012 Focus is heads and shoulders above its brethren and most of the competition.

·
Registered
301 Posts
dont forget miami as well. was there not too long ago. and every "mom" drove an suv. i dont see the reason behind it with them only having maybe one kid and very few groceries to haul. i just dont understand why these people need such big cars for very little things. oh well. to each his/her own.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I live in the heart of ******* country where every male seems to think they need a fullsize or super duty pickup truck or they're less of a man or something to that effect. Most of them don't even haul any more than a dirtbike or quad if anything at all.[rolleyes]

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I had a couple who could barely afford a Focus, they wanted a quote on a navigator cause they wanted "space"

They have no kids.

·
Bunneh Fanatic
2,187 Posts
I have absolutely no sympathy for any of the morons that commute to work all alone in their giant SUVs. I love when they think they can cut me off because they've got a bigger car. They always get a nasty surprise when I stubbornly hold my ground as we're going side-by-side the entire time until they give way to me. I guess they don't want their precious waste of space to get scratched up.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Its everywhere. If it wasn't for idiots like that there wouldn't be that many wrecks. I passed a guy on the interstate the other day he was in the right lane doing 50 in a 65 zone, I pass him and he suddenly decides to floor it and pass me back! On the shoulder! Guess he showed me huh. Idiot.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
I feel like all SUVs should be taken away from their owners and torched in front of them. I hate those damn things.

·
Banned
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
For example...?
Some of the things I missed or noticed...
No volume control on steering wheel
No indicator when cruise was on and ready to be engaged
Steering was not as tight even though I changed the setting to sport mode
Blue information displays were hard to read, especially with the top down
Not as quiet (well, it was a convertible after all)
Interior felt spartan and utilitarian compared to the Focus
No USB jack
Dash mounted power plug was set in too far for me to use my FM iPhone adaptor.

But, the car had a lot of power, just felt two trim levels down from my Ti

·
Banned
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think instant mileage readouts should be mandatory on all cars. These fools have no idea in their red light races that they're getting like 2MPG under acceleration.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts