Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it look like your late model mirrors might fit on the earlier Foci? IIRC, the last one I saw, it looked like very little was done for changes on the door and mirror. I'd like some bigger flags, and folding flags for the wagon. I'm just curious if those might work.

I might just go for SVT folding mirrors since I know those will fit, but I figured Gen2 folding mirrors would be easier to come by.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
i dont think the mirrors would fit. they look similar but after look at some pics comparing and comparing mine and my cousins (05 ZX3) in person i can see some minor differences in areas. IIRC, the corner and the front of the mirror on the 1st gens are more rounded and the corner on mine is more rounded like. me personally id like the smaller 1st gen mirrors rather than my big Ranger like mirrors. but here's a pic of what i mean:

1st gen:

2nd gen:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I parked next to a first generation .. the doors all look like they have the same shape. Obviously the body lines are bit different but the doors themselves might work.

·
Premium Member
21,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info guys. I see what you mean now Redjay, so I guess if I want folding mirrors I'll just get SVT mirrors. I might even see if I can hook up the heated part- I don't need that much in the south, but if it's easy- why not?

I personally like big flags. Some day, long long time away, I plan on removing all the glass in the back, and welding the back door shut to make this wagon like a sedan delivery vehicle. TurboTom gave me the idea, and I think it's cool. Things just have to fall into place- like another daily driver since I won't be able to put my daughter in the back seat (because it won't be there) after I make the modifications. I'll need ZX3 front seats too since mine don't fold down like the 2dr seats do. It's something for the future, maybe will never happen, but now you know why I considered larger mirrors- if it was easy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts