Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We won our GA lemon law case. The vehicle was repurchased in full.... Down payment + all payments + interest + taxes ect. minus a small mileage deduction ($250 in our case)

1) Filled out paper work which is sent to both Ford and GA Office of Consumer protection (This was for final repair attempt)
2) Final repair attempt made. Car still had problems
3) Submitted next batch of paperwork demanding repurchase of vehicle.....Ford declined
4) Applied for state sponsored arbitration
5) The office of consumer protection assisted us with the arbitration packet (the wording on the service reports has to be word for word and line for line the same on every report to have a solid case....we were advised that the easiest route for us to take was to claim the car was a lemon based on being out of service for 30+ days.)
6) The car was back in the shop....bringing the total out of service days to 72 in 1 year of ownership. (7 visits to the shop...3 clutches)
7) The GA governors office of consumer protection advised us that we had to resubmit our request to Ford for repurchase otherwise any time out of service since the final repair attempt would not count in court.... now it had been out of service 72 days. (If Ford denied again we would proceed with arbitration)
8) We resubmitted our request to Ford for the repurchase of the vehicle based on days out of service.
9) Ford contacted us within 10 days and notified us they would repurchase the car!
10) We surrendered the car and signed papers at a dealership of their choosing a week later and received a check 1 week after that.
11) Total length of time (From date of final repair attempt to receiving a check from Ford) around 5 months.

If they agree to repurchase the car, be ready to have something else to drive....bc the process moves very quickly (1 week notice) once they agree.

So thankful to be rid of that pos Ford.

I want to add that the GA Office of Consumer protection were VERY VERY helpful, friendly, returned calls, knowledgeable.....

Ford could learn something. I cant stress enough what horrible customer service Ford has...rude, never return calls, wont accept blame for anything, lies and more lies.. unbelievable really how poorly we were repeatedly treated.

Long time ford fan (have a 2003 Cobra) ....will NEVER give ford another dime of mine or my families money based ENTIRELY on how we were treated.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good to hear! Currently in the process now myself. Purchased my 2014 brand new, and nothing but goofy shifting issues. My rep is the same, told her email was better but she keeps calling and not returning my emails. Luckily I have a phone recording app on my phone that has every call recorded with both dealers and Ford reps. What are you going to go with? Mazda 3?

·
Registered
472 Posts
Good to hear! Currently in the process now myself. Purchased my 2014 brand new, and nothing but goofy shifting issues. My rep is the same, told her email was better but she keeps calling and not returning my emails. Luckily I have a phone recording app on my phone that has every call recorded with both dealers and Ford reps. What are you going to go with? Mazda 3?
Be careful with recording phone calls, its very illegal in many states and you could get as much as jail time for it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Be careful with recording phone calls, its very illegal in many states and you could get as much as jail time for it.
Oh I know. MN requires 1 person to know it's being recorded, and it can be you.

"Under both Minnesota law, [1] and federal law, [2] as long as you yourself are a party to the conversation, it is lawful for you to record that conversation, even secretly."

·
Registered
588 Posts
... I cant stress enough what horrible customer service Ford has...rude, never return calls, wont accept blame for anything, lies and more lies.. unbelievable really how poorly we were repeatedly treated.
LOL... yeah.

Congrats on dumping the Focus!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can you provide any specifics on how you proved the substantial effects on use, value and safety? Or was the number of visits and time out of service that won it for you? I have a BBB arbitration scheduled for next week.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Glad to hear of someone getting this done.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Absolutely ridiculous that people have to go this far to get what they paid for, and this is becoming an absolute catastrophe for their business, potentially long term. They failed to create a dual clutch system that worked properly. They failed to test these systems for any reasonable amount of time before release. Now tons of these have been sold and people are pissed.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Well done :) It's scary knowing I have a DCT and I'm nervous about it, and knowing that there is nothing I can really do about it either if it goes wrong, only hope that Ford make a decent first time repair should something go wrong.

Can you file a report somewhere with those US traffic/auto safety peeps that issue mandatory recalls etc?

·
Registered
5,900 Posts
Congrats and the whole DCT issues that a sizeable portion of owners seem to be having has made me very happy I didn't listen for 2 secs of the Ford saleman's spiel about the DCT being better and quicker than the old school 5 spd.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
^^^ There you go again, tempting me to repeat why I bought the 5-speed manual in mine. Not gonna' do it. ;)

Reactions: mk3WA

·
Registered
8 Posts
Congrats on the repurchase. I recently won my case but it was with the Better Business Bureau Auto Line arbitration program. In the state of Florida we have to use that program before going through the Florida General Attorneys Office for arbitration. I received the decision by the arbitrator June 18th so now just waiting for Ford to call me to take their 2013 Lemon Focus HB and write my check.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Interesting.
Any accessories you wanna sell...[hihi]

·
Registered
253 Posts
You are lucky you got your lemon law. I guess you have low miles?

Here is my girlfriends story:
Appointment on Friday to bring it back to Ford (AGAIN). She tried lemonlaw through Ford, but since her 2014 Focus SE DCT has 41k miles, they said it was too late, even though she brought the car in with 1,200 originally with the first complaint of the issue (28 days after she bought it, she drives far AND drives to hearings for work). Ford will not lemon law it, and they will not even WORK WITH HER to trade her car in for a DIFFERENT MODEL FORD (Fusion, Escape, etc.) Ford pretty much told her to pound salt, and when she said that this is the last Ford her family will ever buy (they have 4 Fords in the driveway), they said go ahead. Absolutely *****ty customer service. I hope Ford tanks and learns their lesson from this. What a crappy ass transmission, this car sucks ass. My GF is taking a huge hit on this car and it is a nightmare to drive. Imagine trying to take off from every light and it feels like your transmission is going to blow up. *****ty design, *****ty build, *****ty customer service. Way to go Ford. Issue has been going on for 3+ years and you still can't figure it out.

I am a Chevy guy, but I respect ALL brands. Unfortunately, my GF is a Ford girl, but after this shitshow, she probably won't ever buy a Ford again.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thor, you should still be cover under the 3 yr 50, power train warranty and do some research on the magnuson moss act, which covers consumers warranty, you may be able to take them to small claims court on that.

Loney, I can't believe you are still waiting on your check. I know they have 30 days to comply but. BBB told me if I don't hear in a week to contact them, which i did last night. Does that mean your car is sitting in your driveway also?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Thor, you should still be cover under the 3 yr 50, power train warranty and do some research on the magnuson moss act, which covers consumers warranty, you may be able to take them to small claims court on that.
We found this out last week. We are in the process :). This will help a little. Still sucks! Some aftermarket company should make some adapter plate to use a wetstyle clutch transmission lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts