Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I would like to announce that we are now present on this board to answer any questions that you may have pertaining to the Wolff Racing/Procharger Supercharger kits. You can take a look at a host of information on our site (mostly pertaining to our R1 and R2 race kits) at www.wolffracing.com/focus.php, but please note; our site has been relocated from our old server and the images of the Focus can not currently (9-4-04) be enlarged. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Mark

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
what would be the avarage whp gains in a focus svt?
with the max boost...

Joel

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Looks very interesting, I would like to see the pictures a little better, I am familiar with ati stuff a little as a own a mustang as well. My question is, how are you adding the extra fuel to compensate for the boost, and will the standard boost kit work safely on a stock bottom end car? with a 5 speed ( 2003 ztw wagon)? Thanks guys

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A bone stock SVTF will make about 260whp (290 crank hp) with the S1 kit on 7-9psi. With max boost, which would be in the neighborhood of an S2 kit, it will put down about 305whp (345 crank)

Viney, the images are still down because they have not been transferred from our old server as yet, but at full size, the images are quite large.

My question is, how are you adding the extra fuel to compensate for the boost
Our fuel is handled via a reflashed ECU and injectors which will be provided for SVT's and a seperate reflashed ECU/injectors for ZX3's ZX5's etc in the case of the S1's. The S2's (Street 2) have a higher flowing Mass Air, injectors, low compression graphite head gasket, and more boost.

will the standard boost kit work safely on a stock bottom end car? with a 5 speed ( 2003 ztw wagon)?
On a stock SVT, yes, but an SVT kit on anything that's not an SVT will surely cause failure. The tuning for the SVT is far more agressive than anything that you could get away with in a stock ZX3/ZX5 etc. The best bet is to stick with a kit that's designed for the vehicle in question.

Mark

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm not looking to start a manufacturer bashing session, just looking for facts. So, here is my question. What should make me want to buy a Wolf Racing Supercharger over a slightly lower priced Jackson Racing Supercharger? Like I said, I don't want to hear any manufacturer bashing from members I'm just looking for a product comparison.

Thanks
ODG

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
How about pricing? How do the street kits compare to the race kits in terms of price? Also, I can't tell from the pics where the supercharger is mounted. Down by a wheel I think, but which one? Sorry, I'm new to Wolff Racing.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I would be interested in a standard boost strret kit, when do you project having that ready?

·
Registered
697 Posts
Ok, so i want to break the 250whp on my stoeck 00 zx3 standard zetec.......how much am i looking at spending?

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
ODG said:
I'm not looking to start a manufacturer bashing session, just looking for facts. So, here is my question. What should make me want to buy a Wolf Racing Supercharger over a slightly lower priced Jackson Racing Supercharger? Like I said, I don't want to hear any manufacturer bashing from members I'm just looking for a product comparison.

Thanks
ODG
for one... its a centrifugal blower and could handle more boost than the jrsc could even turn out without burning up....+ w/ centrifugal blowers your getting more power out of each psi..more efficiency. theres many reasons to chose centrfigugal over roots...specially if its intercooled vs. the crappy little m45 roots blower.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hey kickn, thanks for the detailed info, it surely explained what I wanted to know.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Kicknzx3 said:
this is what happens when little idiot jigga's have cash to blow on there 350z but don't know how to do tuning...as for the others, many seem like its there own install problem. hey shit happens...you gotta take risks in the automotive market.
I don't know man only 4 reviews out of the 18 were good and all said they had crappy customer service. The representative was answering everybodies questions until that link was posted and now he is gone. I think that's proof right there

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Personally , Iwanted Wolff to identify the problem areas and whether or not those issues have been addressed and how.If it was a product or design flaw that they would commit to taking care of it with excellent service. System wise,at least mechanically I'd like to know details of components like bearings, type , lube points? what type of preventive maintenance can be performed to assure longevity, materials used, and why chosen.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I havent heard any responce to their bad reviews and I cant seem to find their website. whole thing smells like scam to me.

but I could be wrong.[screwy]

·
Registered
195 Posts
I don't quite understand how the links to the reviews relate to wolf. Aren't those reviews about ProCharger and ATI? Or is it the same company? My apologies i'm not familiar with which company owns which or everytime one changes its name.

BTW, would this be the 3rd company out there making supercharger kits for the focus (after jr and the super expensive vortech)? Makes one wonder if there's a company that can do it right for a change...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts