Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody else had an issue with their drivers side wiper blade wobbling? The bottom part of mine wobbles as it comes up, and doesn't really work that well. I know this a problem that other 2012's have had as the Focus I test drove had this issue as well.

Has anybody else experienced this/does anybody have a solution? Im going to look for new blades today but I don't want some cheap looking ones.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Its the wiper blade, not the car. I had the same problem with this on my last car that had these type of 'Aero' wiper blades. It will go away after a while, They have to be broken in.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its the wiper blade, not the car. I had the same problem with this on my last car that had these type of 'Aero' wiper blades. It will go away after a while, They have to be broken in.
Oh cool, Ive had the car for about 3 months now and I wasn't that annoyed by it until this past weekend when Irene gave them a work out. Hopefully they will break in soon.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
I noticed this the first time it rained as well. It must have gone away because I haven't noticed it for about a month now.

·
Registered
416 Posts
You've hit on one of my major complaints...the stinkin' wobbly wiper blade! Good to hear that it may 'self heal' itself over time because my appreciation for the rain sensing wipers immediately goes away after the first wobble, after that it's all I can focus on (pun not intented).

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
same here one of the first things i noticed... i've also noticed that after less than a month my wiper blades have actually scratched my windshield. not too pleased about that. about to call my dealership as im typing this.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
You could try cleaning off the rubber surface of the blade with denatured alcohol. It may soften up the rubber and prevent the sticking.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
The 2012 Focus Hatch has a GIANT windshield.
I have used "Rain-X" on my windows for many years.
Using RainX will stop ANY scratching.
At first with the first appilcation, the rain X may drive you crazy when you get the first rain... , as it leaves sort of foggy like mist on the widow as the wiper sweeps the rain. Thei is a temporary phenomena, and just apply the RainX often and that will go away.
The coolest part of rainX is the wipers can usually just be left OFF during a rain and driving in the freeway, as the rain will just roll off all by itself. (does not do that in heavy traffic)
I love Rain X.
Have to say some folks hate and despise Rain X (mostly for the fogging sort of issue.
But it WILL keep your windshield perfect forever!!
And use it on the side windows and the power window motors also will last FOREVER.

·
Registered
882 Posts
The 2012 Focus Hatch has a GIANT windshield.
I have used "Rain-X" on my windows for many years.
Using RainX will stop ANY scratching.
At first with the first appilcation, the rain X may drive you crazy when you get the first rain... , as it leaves sort of foggy like mist on the widow as the wiper sweeps the rain. Thei is a temporary phenomena, and just apply the RainX often and that will go away.
The coolest part of rainX is the wipers can usually just be left OFF during a rain and driving in the freeway, as the rain will just roll off all by itself. (does not do that in heavy traffic)
I love Rain X.
Have to say some folks hate and despise Rain X (mostly for the fogging sort of issue.
But it WILL keep your windshield perfect forever!!
And use it on the side windows and the power window motors also will last FOREVER.
Funny because I use a better version of Rain-X (from Ziebarts' auto care) and it makes the problem worse. It's not a big deal to me but it makes the wipers stick even more. It makes rain and water roll off the windshield but it makes rubber, and other friction-heavy items, stick much more.

·
Registered
368 Posts
The civic wiper blades have some kind of frame so the wiper blades dont wobble and bend. Does anyone know if we can get those for our cars?

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Funny because I use a better version of Rain-X (from Ziebarts' auto care) and it makes the problem worse. It's not a big deal to me but it makes the wipers stick even more. It makes rain and water roll off the windshield but it makes rubber, and other friction-heavy items, stick much more.
"Stick much more".. Well that IS the problem. [?|]
Clean glass has a lot of stiction. So if your stuff has even more, then no wonder it sucks with the wiper problem!
Rain X is a VERY slippery substance. It is a silicone film.
that is why it is so great on easing the load on the power windows. It lets them move past the side wiper trim at the door top with way less friction.
So I have to say there is NO comparison between the product mentioned from Ziebarts' and Rain X. The Ziebart's product may do well with the rain (and probably does not have the fog issue Rain X has, but it clearly is not gonna be any help with the floppy blades on the 2012 Focus. [driving]

I have to wait until it rains here to let you know how it really goes with the Rain X.

ADDED: raining for the last week, drizzle, downpour, all of it. Wipers are great. never a hint of anything other than a perfect smooth operation of the wipers.
Rain X

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
"Stick much more".. Well that IS the problem. [?|]
Clean glass has a lot of stiction. So if your stuff has even more, then no wonder it sucks with the wiper problem!
Rain X is a VERY slippery substance. It is a silicone film.
that is why it is so great on easing the load on the power windows. It lets them move past the side wiper trim at the door top with way less friction.
So I have to say there is NO comparison between the product mentioned from Ziebarts' and Rain X. The Ziebart's product may do well with the rain (and probably does not have the fog issue Rain X has, but it clearly is not gonna be any help with the floppy blades on the 2012 Focus. [driving]

I have to wait until it rains here to let you know how it really goes with the Rain X.
Doesn't help me because the window is already scratched... going in Thursday with the car for 2 TSBs and the window. We'll see what's up I suppose!

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Drove my car in rain first time. Wipers smooth as can be. perfect.
Do not know if due to "Rain X" juice applied or they were just perfect anyway.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts