Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in case ou don't know, I have I/E/TB/H an atx. I race against Dan (SYZ), on this slip and was my best tun. I think he did a better time on other run (10.2 IIRC). I had no chance against him, we race a couple of times but this was the closest I could get.

Dan's on the left, I'm on the right.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
dont u have an IM too? and was this in the qtr? or 1/8th?

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the mani installed yet. And that was 1/8 mile. Gosh! I'd be more than happy if I was doing those times on the qrt mile.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
Thats What I Was Saying...i Was Like....thats Pretty Good Lol

Oh And The Sox Won!!!!!

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
dont u have an IM too? and was this in the qtr? or 1/8th?
wow if u thought it was 1/4...tsk tsk......

thats not to bad of a time i suppose, pretty close for having atx, what mods does he have on his car?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
i was thinking he was posting it to make us all go [:0][ohcrap] so i hadda ask the question!! =)

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
theres no way this could have been a 1/4 mile time slip with a 2.50 60' at only 66mph... im hoping my car will go in the 9's next time i hit the strip. it went 10.05 with a slippin 85,000 mile stock tsb clutch.

·
FocusFreak
2,438 Posts
this is a parking lot 1/8 mile. everyone runs a little slower here than they would at a real track. Fernando really surprised me on that run though. He was right next to me! I was like, wtf, he got an autotragic!!! [:p] [chairfall]

·
Registered
290 Posts
Sweet! I need to start racing again... [sigh]

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^lol I was surprised too. You know what, I was thinking that the burnouts b4 the race help a lot to get better traction. Every run I was trying something different; I tried the manuamatic style, starting in 2nd, neutral to drive and on that run I was pushing the brake b4 the start. I also have to say that my car was running lighter. I took out the big wing, the spare tire, the bag of tools, the hatch lid... I can't think of anything else right now...

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow if u thought it was 1/4...tsk tsk......

thats not to bad of a time i suppose, pretty close for having atx, what mods does he have on his car?
He has basically the same mods + cams. He has cossie intake, f2 header, exhaust, crane cams and 18" wheels. I have k&n intake, f2 header, exhuast and throttle body and 15" wheels.

·
FocusFreak
2,438 Posts
my burnouts dont work out so well. I always get one wheel peel. But once I get my torsen installed, that should not be an issue anymore.

btw, I also have no spare and my rear seats have been removed, however, I have a sub box that offsets the weight reduction slightly. I'm working on getting something lighter, especially when it comes time for the roll cage.

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My belly is like your sub[hihi] I have to start working on that.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
burning out on street tires acually makes the tires more slick and will cause you to spin more. if you have d/r's or slicks its the opposite because the compound is so soft and there is so little tread.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
burning out on street tires acually makes the tires more slick and will cause you to spin more. if you have d/r's or slicks its the opposite because the compound is so soft and there is so little tread.
Really? Well, then I don't now what happened because I cut my time after doing burnouts. Maybe it could be the temp drop as it was getting late at night.

haha!
drop 40 pounds and ull beat him!![^]
Damn it, I was thinking like 2 or 3 pounds only lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts