Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if its okay to reuse an existing power/ ground line. there's 2 situations i wanna do this in. 1st, adding a second amp. the new amp is gonna be mounted right beside the existing one, is it okay to tap off the power line for the first amp, then attatch the ground to the same bolt thats grounding the first amp. 2nd, my subs have neon accent rings around them. they get their power from the fuse box, and are grounded to a bolt behind the fuse box ( i forget which fuse i have them on, but they turn on when the igntion turns on.) i want to add 2 neon sticks under the dash so they shine down on the floor on both the driver and passenger side. is it okay to power them off the same fuse and ground them on the same bolt?

now before some one says it, yes i know we all hate neon, but its only 2 little 6 inch accents.
and second, yes it is legal to drive around with neon on in my area, so I'm not worried about having them come on with the ignition, although I'm probally gonna throw a switch on there anyway, you know, just in case....

Thanx...[:)]

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
These are the sub lights, in case anyone was wondering....
<< same subs from the Avatar....

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hhmm. well, it worked with lights. everything seems to be working fine, no blown fuses or anything... guess we'll find out how well it works with the amp when i get a round to that, probally this weekend..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts