Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i discovered my 05 ST came with heated seats and the wiring harnesses are in the center console. but no switches. anyone have a wiring diagram so i can figure out how 2 wire up simple switches to it? there are 3 wires. i figure 1 is power and the other 2 are for high and low but i dont know. thanks.Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
61 Posts
The reason there are relays involved is because the heated seats draw too much current for those switches. So the switch is used to turn on the relay and the relay lets the power through.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,214 Posts
^^ Surprisingly there aren't any relays for the heated seats, it goes straight through the switch; and if you look there is only one 15A fuse for both seats which shocked me as well.

The heated seats are just on/off, the switch doesn't even reset to "off" when you turn the car off. If you leave them on they're always on.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
The car probably doesn't actually have heated seats, they do the chassis wiring to accommodate different features regardless of whether the car has the options or not. They wouldn't give you seats with heater elements and then not put the switches in.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the diagrams!

i got a build sheet from ford and it said the seats were heated. so i traced the wiring and the wires do go up in2 the seat. im assuming the heating elements are in the seat. my theory is that maybe its easier to manufacture all the seats that way and they jus charge you an arm and a leg to install the plate on the console with switches. ...but of course i dont know how many other foci have heated seats and no switches...
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Premium Member
6,581 Posts
If there are pins on the seat connector for the heating elements, then the seats are heated.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts