Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all-

my brother has finally splurged and bought some high-end audio equipment for his car (02 ZX3). he bought a sony in-dash monitor and a 10 disc changer w/ DVD capability. we're having some probs with the install, though. the head unit has a wire that is supposed to tap into the lead for the parking brake light. i guess the purpose to this is that the screen will only be out when the parking brake is on. does anyone know where the wire we're supposed to tap into is? or, even, better, anyone know how to bypass this little do-hickey? i was thinking he could just run a wire piggybacked from a hot fuse to a kill switch (to quickly turn the unit off when the po-pos are nearby), but this equipment isn't cheap so i don't want to be wrong.

·
Registered
816 Posts
As far as I know that won't hurt anything. Maybe someone else will be able to give you a more definitive answer.

·
Registered
124 Posts
i know there is an easier way to do it. and can't you just use the remote to turn it off if the lil piggies come around? anyways, i'll ask my friend and try to see what i can find out. i'll post up what i find out tonight.

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK...I DID AN INSTALL ONCE..BUT IT WAS A KENWOOD....AND HAD THE SAME PROBLEM....I DID THE REMOTE AND NOTHING...IM NOT SAYING THAT IT MAY NOR NOT WORK...BUT A GUY FROM SOUND ADVICE TOLD ME ...TRY A GROUND....SO I GROUNDED IT AND ..READY...AND WORKING ....
GOOD LUCK.!!!

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's what i did, and it worked! we just finished the whole setup yesterday. he has:

sony in-dash monitor
sony 10-disc DVD changer
bazooka 5.25" components
a cheap MTX3000 12" for now, but it'll change....

install was easy, and it looks totally pro. i'm planning on taking some pics this weekend of his audio setup and my new suspension setup. i'll post as soon as i can.

Mike

PS- oh, and as far as the switch goes, we just put a toggle in-line with the parking brake wire. we hid the toggle in the little bin that sits underneath the deck in the dash adapter. can't see it, but it's easy to get to and does it's job well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts